cut out all the ropes and let me fall
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____And there he was on his hands and knees before her, speaking in a voice that seemed all too believable and at the same time not. Her breath seemed to catch at the roof of her mouth, paralysed at such a request that she didn't know whether to dismiss or follow. He was sick, there was little to argue that in her mind, but she pondered just how sick. Madman ravings ran in the family was her inner conversation, but she didn't want to believe in that. Her parents weren't crazy, not in her mind. Or maybe it was the world that she saw. The rest of them didn't understand.

_____Then he touched her face in only the way that a father could. A long deep-seated memory of affection stirred in her and she couldn't pull her gaze away from his. But she wasn't the same gullible child from the past and for that very reason, Corona couldn't bring herself to move to comply just yet. “What are you talking about? Who's coming? And why?” Maybe he wasn't talking crazy, it wasn't like she hadn't been taken before. Then he had come to save her, but then things had been different. She hadn't been a burden then (or maybe she had been, she didn't recall), but now…

_____“I just can't let you go out there by yourself. You're not well, you'd only be vulnerable to whatever it is that you're talking about,” she found herself saying after a lapse of silence, logic starting to overtake emotion for the time being. Corona drew a hand up from around her leg and pulled his hand away, but didn't let it go. “You're not making sense to me. I don't understand,” and at which point her gaze fell from his to another pause. “Maybe I should go.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread