Let the wild call
[html]

So like... other animal low speech? xD; I don't really understand, but it isn't too important for this thread I guess? +413

The cinnamon-flecked wolf cub walked toward her, and Vesper allowed her to approach without any overt movements on her part. Despite her words, she knew she’d be able to trample this kid into the ground if she bothered to attack her or get too bold. It might be a good life lesson, actually, and it was better to be learned from a good-intentioned stranger than someone really out for her blood. Until that moment came, though, Ves would prefer to treat this girl nicely.

The suspicion was clearly written in the other’s face, and the coywolf in no way blamed her. She still didn’t really trust acts of charity even though she gave them out to pups and females. Shrugging, she answered, “I want to convince you to stick around long enough for us to talk, is all.” She hoped that sounded reasonable to the distrustful girl.

As she echoed the word, though, Vesper’s face fell and she realized that she would have a lot more explaining to do than she’d thought. Even as a pup, she hadn’t quite been ignorant of Luperci existence; some of the coyotes their family ran into had been shifters, albeit feral ones, and her mother had warned her about their strength. Therefore, it hadn’t come as a shock to Ves to see them, even if it always made her uncomfortable seeing them on two legs until she came to Nova Scotia.

“There are wolves, right?” Vesper asked, and held up a paw in case the girl got dubious. “Wolves, and coyotes, and other canines like that. They’re normal, yes? There’s nothing super special about you—well, maybe there is, but you aren’t magic or something.” She smirked then took a deep breath. “A Luperci is a wolf or canine that turned different. They’re shapeshifters. They can change their bodies to grow big or even stand on two legs, and that lets them use their forepaws to pick up things like you would pick things up in your mouth. Here, where you’ve come, there are a lot of them, and not a lot of normal wolves. I used to be normal like you, but now I am a shapeshifter, too.”

She fell silent after that, knowing that the information was a lot to process, and that the girl might still not believe her claims like the feminine non-Luperci she’d met in the south. “I can shift shape for you, if you don’t believe me,” Vesper added calmly.

<style>
.Vesptab001 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.Vesptab001 p {padding:0px 15px 5px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Vesptab001 b {font-family:times new roman, times, serif; color:#b69a00; font-size:14px; font-weight:normal;}
.Vesptab001 {background-color:#050000; font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#bb6500; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; }
.Vesptab001-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread