Let the wild call
[html]

+387

The wolf cub was still unwary, backing away as the shift began, but Vesper ignored the bristling along her spine and the wide-eyed stare. She found it easier to gaze at the ground, her perspective slightly changing as she grew in height a few inches. Her musculature in Secui wasn’t terrifying in itself, really comparable to that of a large wolf in their natural form, but compared to the small scraggly coyote she’d been moments before she knew it was quite a change. Her claws sank into the earth as she braced herself, adjusting her stance slightly to accommodate her new weight, before the transformation ended and her blue gaze sought out the other’s dubious one.

The question was a simple one, and Vesper smiled. “No, not anymore,” she admitted. “The very first time it hurt, but I think that was only because I was scared and already injured. Luperci puppies who change for the first time say it doesn’t hurt, though, just feels really strange, and—well, I’m used to it now. Sometimes it makes me a little dizzy, but that’s all.” Most of the time it made her more dizzy to just watch other Luperci shift; while her body had taken the transformation in stride, her mind still couldn’t quite get used to the sight of bones and tendons rearranging themselves.

“And now I’ll change again,” the woman said, deciding she might as well complete the transformation. “I promise I’ll still be the same old coywolf, even if I won’t look the same.” She gave this statement casually, truly not expecting the pup to stick out the entire transformation if she was this shocked by the shift to Secui. She couldn’t quite blame the girl if she decided to run off, though.

Her claws dug into the ground again, toes flexing, and Vesper could feel the little twinge in her abdomen as her body began to lengthen. Her hind paws grew and shifted to adjust, her shoulders heaving up as her forelegs lengthened and buckled with her elbows. Forepaws became hands with fingers digging into the ground and palms pushing her upward, her spine arching and finally straightening as she began to stand upright. Her bristling mane lengthened, spilling out between her ears and in her face before she brushed it out of her eyes.

<style>
.Vesptab001 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.Vesptab001 p {padding:0px 15px 5px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Vesptab001 b {font-family:times new roman, times, serif; color:#b69a00; font-size:14px; font-weight:normal;}
.Vesptab001 {background-color:#050000; font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#bb6500; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; }
.Vesptab001-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread