strange summer
No, they're sea lions. :3 I'm sorry, I should've said something!

[html]

The gray lumps of barking lard had to be seals, or sea lions. Lynx had heard of them, but although the strange animals were apparently common on the shorelines, she had never seen any before. She tried not to dwell on how fat and ugly they were (and how useless they seemed), knowing that it was never right to think hatefully of the gods' creatures. Instead she snickered merrily at them, watching a particularly large and unsightly individual -- probably a male -- flop toward another, woofing loudly as he waddled across the sand.

While she could barely resist the urge to chase and pester the creatures, the snowy wolf was so enraptured with them that she lost the sense of anything else around her. When the feminine voice came suddenly close, Lynx blinked in shock as she at last acknowledged the stunning, stormcloud-gray woman and her dappled mount. Oh no -- I mean yes, I'm alright, Lynx replied to the concerned tone, offering a small, reassuring smile. But I have never seen creatures like these before. They are so... strange.

The stranger spoke with an accent unlike any Lynx had heard. It was very exotic, and very beautiful, and the pale fiddler began to think her even more interesting than the flipper-dogs. My name is Lynx, she told the woman, eager to learn more about her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread