strange summer
[html]
(--) OOC here.

A small giggle came from the tattooed woman, causing Vlad's soft smile to widen. Those fat mammals, she sooned concluded, were by far the most amusing things she had come across. They were ultimately useless in her eyes other than providing entertainment, and she was glad she wasn't the only one that thought of the sea creatures as uncanny.

She chuckled softly as she heard Lynx attempt to pronounce her name correctly with her own foreign dialect, but soon covered her muzzle with a pink pawpad. "Excuse my laughter," she told the snowy wolf sincerely, her ears folding back in apology, "It was not intended to upset you. I am sorry if I offended you." Her tail fell in between her legs as her head dipped, and she hoped Lynx wouldn't become unhappy with her. She really didn't like being in a feud with her peers. She had a servant's heart, after all, and she was in no place to argue with others whom she was to service.

The other woman—after a small silence—told Vladislava of her tattoo's origins, causing a smile of understanding to return to her muzzle. She knew what it was like to be on a boat, that was for sure, and it wasn't a very pleasant trip for her to Nova Scotia. She assumed the same was for Lynx, too, by her words coming up short before she paused. She nodded her head softly, her eyes directing their attention to the sea lions again. "I remember my trip across the seas fondly," she said airily, her tail beginning to wag. Aside from her guilt from leaving her family, she did actually enjoy one aspect of the trip—she grew closer to the ocean. Ever since she arrived to these lands, she tried to stay relatively close to the water, as it comforted her. So calming, so rhythmic, so welcoming... These were the traits she remembered of the seas, and she wouldn't forget them easily. On her trip to Nova Scotia she would often just stare out at the endless stretch of blue water, feeling at peace with herself, and it would pass the time much quicker than any other activities she could've done, anyway.

A question she had been meaning to ask soon arose, and she decided to act upon it. "Can I safely assume you are of European heritage, Lynx?" she asked, recognizing her pale aquaintence's drawl from somewhere.

<style type="text/css">
.vladibridge b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #8d7f6c; }
.vladibridge p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vladibridge {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#bbaa90; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KwBEP.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8d7f6c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4b4338; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread