strange summer
[html]

Vladislava's words were reassuring, and Lynx felt much less silly upon hearing them. She imagined that it must become a little exasperating to have one's name misspoken so often. Vladislava was one of the more unusual-sounding names she had heard, although perhaps it was common in the woman's homeland.

The stormy-hued wolfess had put it much better. Lynx knew that a venture across the ocean could never be forgotten. It was such an impressive event that it would never quite disappear from her thoughts, the images and memories always near enough for her to recall them at the smallest reminder. Her lavender gaze turned toward the iron gray water as Vladislava spoke. Lynx realized that the same thing mystified her since she had first seen the ocean. The sea seems... endless. I do not understand how anything could be so vast. She stared at the rolling waves, entranced. It will always amaze me. Even now, when had seen the ocean many times, and lived upon it for weeks, she was awed.

When the tattooed girl said she was from Norway, her companion did not have much of a reaction. Only a soft, thoughtful hum. Lynx thought she may never have heard of Norway, or perhaps she was merely thinking about what she did know of it. Either way, it didn't matter to the snowy wolf. She was interested in hearing about Vladislava.

I know of Russia, Lynx said with a grin, her gaze returning to the other. There were canines from many parts of the world in the small sea port where she had boarded her ship, many of whom she had overheard speaking of the massive land known as Russia. I have heard that it is a lovely country -- a place I would like to see, I think.

She snickered at the woman's next words, though her eyes were warm. Oh, I'm sure that is not true! she said gently. Although I have to admit, I think the same of myself. Again, she laughed lightly. But she was not exactly joking. Sometimes she felt that others found her interesting only because she was from a distant land. It didn't bother her much, though, for she didn't care to have lots of friends, nor did she care too deeply what the majority thought of her. She had faith that whomever was meant to be her friend would get to know her beyond what they first saw. It is strange to be a foreigner, hmm? Like being a fish out of water.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread