Saying hi to the neighbors
OOC:Good point. Now for a counter post. This is pretty much a bulletproof story, if I may say so. Only about five percent is a little bias.

He slowly turned his gaze at the female, hardening it into a glare. Theirs just no way to say something to most of the pack without sparking a retaliation, is there? Well, I knew that this question was going to pop up eventually, so I should just get it over with. He eased his glare into a more neutral look. "Let me just clear something up. My reluctance to come here wasn't out of laziness, it was out of fear." He started pacing back in forth, saying this more for himself than the coyote in front of him. "A couple days after I joined, I decided to grab a bow and practice some of my archery on the training grounds. Alaki was there sparring with a pack member, no big deal. As I walked by, I made a passing comment. A joke, really, and a harmless one at that. Little to my knowledge, he didn't like jokes, except from his mate, which was no where to be seen at the time."

Lukos stopped and faced the female, hoping she would actually care and not reverse this on him. "He pulled his sword on me, saying I wasn't respecting him enough. He had me on my back in the next five seconds, deciding whether or not to kill me then and their. His mate showed up, and he didn't even care. I realized, even if we are bound by blood, anyone could kill me whenever they feel like it, and their was no one to protect me from them. I mean, I could fight back, but the only weapon I've ever used was a bow. With almost all the pack using knives, swords, and other close ranged weapons, I would be dead if they came close." He started pacing again, wanting to rap up the story. "Thankfully, he lost interest almost immediately, in which I was able to walk away. My point is, I stayed away from the caves to avoid something like that again, fearing that I might not be so lucky next time. Even after he left, I didn't't have the courage to show my face here. Today was the day I mustered enough willpower to get here.". He turned and faced his audience. "And now I'm standing here, taking crap from you. I was hoping that this trip would be less dramatic, but that seems impossible here."
He sat down on a nearby couch, out of breath. "Now could do me a favor and stop being so pessimistic, for at least an hour? If that's too hard, could you at least try to be nicer? I really want to learn about this place, preferably in a peaceful way, without death threats and insults being hurled at me." He rested an arm on the side, tilting his head back a little, staring at the ceiling but keeping the female in view out of the bottom of his eyes. Please, just try to understand. This is the only place I have left to call home.

Messages In This Thread