[p] wake me up when september ends
[html]

The urge to comfort the girl beyond than just words prodded at the woman, but she remained still in her sit. While it seemed fitting to hand out hugs and touches of reassurance in a situation like this, Alyssum knew that this was a special case, and treated it with the care it was worth. But, she did move herself a little bit closer to the girl, hoping that her physical presence would sate some of her tension.

"Can you imagine living forever?" she prompted softly. "If we never grew old, if we never got hurt, what would we do with ourselves?" She allowed a moment’s pause to allow Adelle to imagine a life that never ended, whether or not her thoughts were filled with hopeful wishing or something less positive. She would not lecture the girl on her opinion of immorality, so she left her to believe what she wanted to. "I did not know your grandfather well, Adelle, I’ll be honest. But, from what I heard, he led a good, long life. Longer than a lot of canines. And, he must have gotten hurt a lot of times within his long life.

"In those years, he must have helped a lot of people, too. He had to grow old in order to do all those things." She looked back to the girl, and honestly stated, "I'm no wise woman, so don't expect me to have all the right answers to your questions. But, I am here for you, I just want you to know that."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread