Answer for your sins
It was pain upon pain, months and years and decades of mind numbing, heart clenching pain within that one moment she felt as she saw the damage, the destruction she had wrought. She could not stop her jaw from tumbling open nor her skinny limbs from shaking weakly. She was a menace, a fiend to do what she had upon her own flesh and blood, her own son, the tiny boy she had held within one hand as he cried his first breath. The quiet, strange boy he had grown into and the tall strong man he had become. This.. this was her legacy, blood and violence.

He came closer and his eyes were blank, she barely noticed the display of color at his side, the dried up muscle within her chest clenched and she finally did something. She gasped out loud. He blocked out the light behind him, her sun god, ruler of the summer. She was ready, ready for anything, for him to scream and shout or maybe even to hurt herself. She was ready for it all. But she did not envision what happened next and didn't follow until his head was pressed against her thin chest, his word sparked within her, her son had not forsaken her even after the pain she had caused him. She felt something other than the pain and guilt and her eyes watered, their contents spilling over onto her cheeks,

"My son... my beautiful son. What have I done to you." Her voice was croaky and cracked, barely even there.

Messages In This Thread