Milestones
[html]

More people are welcome to join.

Word Count → 000

It wasn't long before a few wolves appeared at Kiara's summons, answering the subordinates call to hunt. Sky was the first to show, a wolf that Kaira didn't know all that well. She was the other mother in New Dawn and her puppies were a couple moons older that Lucia. The female approached Kiara in her lupus form, a change that made the uninfected female feel grateful for. It was hard enough speaking to luperci and even harder when they towered over her like grizzly bears at full hight. Sky was quick to give Kiara and affectionate lick on the ear and bump on the shoulder, something the alabaster wolf was just as quick to return. Her own tail wagged quickly and she whined happily as Sky stepped back to ask her question. "For once, it is. I'll tell you when the other's get here."

To Kiara's disappointment, the first puppies to arrive were Lena and Cody, not Lucia. The blind wolf ran up to the arctic wolf and greeted her like mother had. Kiara licked the pups head and smiled at Cody who stood back and gave a simpler greeting. Lena, to some degree, fascinated Kiara. The pup had proven her ability to survive and it made sense as wolves weren't the most visual creatures. Although, how she learned to read social cues was a mystery to Kiara. "I've called you here to participate in a ceremony of sorts. One that was normal in my birth pack. I let you know more when the other's come."

Tharin was the next to arrive, but Kiara couldn't tell if any other's would follow. Hopefully, the whole pack would join in, especially Lucia. However, if they did not, at least Lena and Cody would be able to experience leading a pack hunt. With all of the questions aimed at her, the arctic female felt that she could delay no longer. If other's came, then she would just have to explain again. After a quick greeting lick to Tharin and a lowered tail to acknowledge the silver male's dominance Kiara began to speak. "I'm not sure how things work in New Dawn, but in my birth pack we always held a ceremony for pups. It was a right of passage almost, and I wanted to share that with everyone." Sapphire eyes focused on Lena and Cody, excitement clear in her eyes. "If you two are up to it, I would like the two of you to lead this hunt. I will take you into a herd I scouted, with your mother's permission of course. The two of you will pick out prey and we will help you take it down..." Kiara paused, wondering if she needed to explain how to find good prey.

It wasn't Kiara's first time hunting with luperci, but it was her first time hunting with ones so young. She knew that luperci could take down prey that non-shifters could not. Thanks to their weapons and extra strength, they weren't as limited and were more successful than normal wolves. With both Kiara and Tharin present, they would have to find prey that was already weak. "Any questions?"

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread