three rounds and a sound
[html]

Her pebble rolling had been a useful distraction, so engaged that she failed to notice someone actually answering her call. The absentminded gaze rose just in time to see him navigate, or rather stumble, the small distance remaining between them. Confusion and wariness caused her brow to furrow, she mistaking his foreign greeting for the words of some rude jibe, and thinking he was making a jest. When he switched to a more familiar tongue however, she replied in kind with a simple "Hello.".

Her sense of smell was hardly fantastic, but she could at the very least tell that he lived around others, possibly a pack. And though it was nice to know they hadn't wrecked in the middle of nowhere, the lack of her comrades scents still did little to lift her hopes. Before the corners of her mouth could slip into a disappointed frown, a subtle smile was instead fabricated from the twitch of her lips. She nodded her head in agreement, with the forward momentum of her cranium rising fluidly to her feet; she could at least attempt to stand eye to eye. The sand drizzled in a lazy haze to the ground, and the rocks clattered loudly as she dropped them, then casually kicked them aside. Ebony stained arms crossed protectively over one another, but her tail would swish ever so faintly, thoughtfully, to not appear completely rigid and distant. "Somebodies to be a bit more specific, my friends and I were... separated, and I'd dearly love to find them. " Her words trailed off in a fretful murmur. The phrase was carefully worded as well; she didn't want to seem like a female, utterly alone, regardless of how casual the stranger seemed.

Only a moment after speaking, her eyes widened slightly, as though enlightened by some divine epiphany. Had he thought she was saying he wasn't a somebody - or that she couldn't care less that he had come to her at all? Naturally sensitive to the feelings of others, her head shook as she chided herself, tone lightening considerably as she continued to speak - this time more conversational. "But forgive me for being so rude, weighing you down with my troubles like that; my name is Aoves." Again, the smile was conjured up to decorate her face, for it had drooped mildly as she had spoken of her misfortune.

((hey, thanks for joining cSmile)
[/html]

Messages In This Thread