three rounds and a sound
[html]

+427

Unatsi wasn’t really sure what the woman wanted with his arm; he wasn’t used to just handing parts himself to others unless healers were counted, but as far as he knew nothing was wrong with his arm. It was just white to the shoulder, same as always, a defect of color. His opposite arm was lined with the pale color underneath and on his fingers, but it remained mostly the orange-ish color of the rest of his coat. Otherwise, both were lanky and unremarkable.

But then a dark hand reached out to him, and her fingers lingered on his arm and trailed down to his hand. He remained very, very still and tried to meet her platinum eyes, tried to read what she was thinking. When she stopped to comment on it, the man almost made a defensive remark about how of course wolves could have those markings (it wasn’t like he had dog ancestry, after all; or so he told himself repeatdly), but he realized he’d been holding his breath the entire time she’d been touching him—and so he gulped air, and shoved his retort aside.

“What does your name mean? Do you know?” Unatsi asked instead, his big ears falling back as he brought his snowy arm close to his chest. He was almost afraid to touch it after she had, but he placed his fingers on it for an instant to make sure it hadn’t changed somehow.

Her question surprised him lightly, but he found his smile as he replied brightly. “Oh, not at all; I’ve learned that since coming here.” He turned his head, long snout pointing in the vague direction of AniWaya’s lands. “My tribe is the only place where there are wolves like me, but even it has some outsiders—uh, which maybe requires explanation, but for now I’ll just say most of my tribe moved here from elsewhere, and some unrelated wolves from elsewhere joined the tribe—and I guess that’s the gist of it, actually, but anyway…”

He cleared his throat and made a slightly broader gesture, this one meant to include all of Nova Scotia. “There are many other tribes here, too—well, most of them are called packs. Each has their own little quirks, I guess. Don’t know how many there are, though; maybe four or so in the south alone. And besides them there are loners who don’t have a pack.” He tilted his head and grinned. “So I’d say we’re all very assorted here, but maybe that means there’s more for you to learn.”

<style>
.unacanoe b {color:#fff9ee; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.unacanoe b.npc {font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}
.unacanoe p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px; margin:0px;}
.unacanoe p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.unacanoe .inner {margin:5px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#6d5e3e;}
.unacanoe {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ab9361; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/122yeeh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:'Book Antiqua', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#000; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread