Catch me if you can
[html]

(373) Naaah no worries. :3

“…I’m certain of it.”

Salvia’s face remained carefully placid, as if the words had not rippled the black water that settled there. Her eyes, two cuts of clear green-glass, remained focused ahead. She had been gone only four days, taking her time with the return trip. On this last day, she had been met by her aunt.

Wisteria was nearly as large as her father had been, and towered over Salvia much in the way her own brother managed to. She was not quite so heavy, though her weight had increased with Salsola’s ample stores. In return, she was eyes and ears and quite more loyal to her own blood than the dark woman who had been the death of her brother. A golden sun jangled noisily around the older woman’s neck, and Salvia was glad she had the sense to keep her own jewelry tightened for the shifts to and from forms.

“You saw them?”

Her voice sounded strange to her. It should have been angry, but the fire was gone and in its place winter had come.

“I saw him enter. I smelt it; he’s a D’Angelo of the Khalif.”

Salvia fixed her aunt with a sideways glance, trying to read her. Did she mean that Salvia should be the one sleeping with the man instead of their mother? A flash of heat rippled through her and burnt low in her belly. If she suspected it was jealousy, she chose to ignore it.

“You don’t like that?”

“I do not like her.”

A bullish snort escaped Salvia, but her feet stopped moving sharply. Ahead of them, closer to the river, was a goldish-blonde man whose wet-fur scent carried with it something strange and oddly familiar

Wisteria stepped forward boldly, nude save for the golden sigil on her chest, hair loose and ethereally white. Salvia vaguely wondered if her aunt resembled the Sun Lady and then thought of Odessa, and Odessa’s dark coat. There was a part of her that even now looked to a peculiar scientific sort of theory, untested, unknown, and wondered. Then her mind pulled forward, suddenly and sharply, and her aunt’s voice.

“You’re one of her’s,” the orange-eyed priestess proclaimed, as if beholding a child of holy blood.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread