Catch me if you can
[html]

The way that he had been fawned over in Khaliff because of who his mother was had him thinking highly of himself, not that he didn't already have such ideas before. The treatment in Khalif had certainly inflated them though. So of course he thought he could get away with what he was saying and that the two women should feel honored that he was even speaking to them. Especially Wisteria since it probably wouldn't be looked kindly upon should it be found out in Khalif somehow. But then again Zadkiel had a penchant for breaking the rules. He had stuck close enough to the beliefs to keep him safe but that was about it.

The golden male turned his head to look at Salvia spoke. As stupid as a thing it was to do he ended up laughing. "Don't speak as if I would enjoy it. I only offered so that Wisteria would be able to return home. As it stands now she would likely be killed if they caught her anywhere close by. I have to keep my family safe after all." He spoke words that made it seem as if he truly cared. Words were another thing that he could twist to get himself out of the unfavorable light that he often got himself into. He often used words to twist around what he had done or said to make himself look good and shame others for ever thinking that his intentions weren't pure. Of course it worked against those with a weak mind the best.

He glanced back over to Wisteria when she spoke but ended up staring at Salvia again as her father was announced. "The man that my father was killed to save." He spoke the words simply before turning to look at Wisteria again. "You know the Brandt weren't too happy with you running off like you did. Was she even wanted Wisti?" Not that Zadkiel would have earned the parent of the year award either. He had various litters scattered around. There were few he raised but only one he had seen the first shift of. But that was because the child had been a recent one and he had been passing through the area at the time. Zadkiel suffered from the same wandering spirit that his mother had as well as her attraction to the area within and around Souls.

"Ankh isn't going to be happy to hear that Wisteria and she is the most lenient of them all." Or that was how Zadkiel had always thought of the white goddess, the Lady of Peace. Even if he hadn't been born there and wasn't likely to return there anytime soon Zadkiel couldn't deny that Khalif was home for him. While he liked to tempt fate as much as possible he also made certain not to stray too far on the bad side of the deities. He ended up appealing to them when he had need to, wanting to ensure that they wouldn't end up striking him down.

Once more Zadkiel was staring at Salvia and studying her, though this time he was looking for more than he had been looking for previously. He was no longer looking at her as if he was about to mount her. "So this rise to power, was it a simple promotion or was there a fight for it? Did you spill any blood to come into power or was it all nice and clean and innocent?" He was curious about why Wisteria chose Salvia as a leader. What was it about this girl that made her worth following and dedicating one's self to? Why would Wisteria turn her back on her home just to bow down to this younger girl?

<style>
.zadplane { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... 254wk6.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#354350; width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:158px 0px 5px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; line-height:15px; border:1px solid #3B454F; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.zadplane b {color:#33FFCC; }
.zadplane p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.zadplane p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread