someday the dream will end
[html]

Contagious awkwardness. :o

Word Count → 351

It was clear that she had startled the other woman, and Shiloh tipped her ears back in apology though she didn’t make a big deal out of the other’s reaction; she at least got even more flustered if someone made a big deal out of her own surprise, and so she wasn’t going to pester this coffee-and-cream lady with that. She instead cocked her head at the other’s question and smiled, returning her attention to the weeds as she replied, “I am.” She pushed some blonde hair back from her face and looked at the other. “My name’s Shiloh.”

She continued to work even as the other got up to tend to another area, though she quickly decided that her own lack of conversation was impolite, a great sin when meeting a new person. The bobtailed female picked up on the slack, though, and the white she-wolf took care to dust her hands off before nodding in agreement once again. “I’m Saul’s sister,” she said, glancing over at her quiet pack-mate. “And yeah, a lot of family; I guess I’d feel a little lost, otherwise.” Her shoulders hitched up defensively at this statement before falling again as she started making a pile of the weeds she’d pulled. She didn’t think she’d ever be able to join a pack that didn’t have Saul or one of her other brothers within it; or, she might be able to join and live there, but it would never feel like home like Vinátta would.

“This is a beautiful garden,” Shiloh said after a while, shooting the other a warm smile. “You must be in charge of it.” She let that praise hang in the air before grabbing for another weed; this one’s roots came loose with a clump of dirt that loosened over her lap, and she squeaked indignantly at the shower hitting her dress and white fur. Frustrated with her reaction as much as the situation, she brushed the dirt away violently then flattened her ears, remembering herself and her composure. It looked like she hadn’t grown out of everything she thought she had.

<style>
.herondawn .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.herondawn p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.herondawn b {color:#955a5b; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.herondawn {background-color:#f3c096; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wUzgw.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#785f4a; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border:1px solid #fff;}
.herondawn .inner {margin:0px 10px 140px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#785f4a;}
.herondawn .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #B8444D; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 2px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread