someday the dream will end
[html]

I suck! :C

Word Count → 445

Many expectant mothers beamed when strangers noticed that they were with child, but Colibri didn’t take the obvious route of explaining when her own were due, or how excited she was to have them. That in itself told a lot, and Shiloh could feel her face flush with a fulgurant shame as she made a note to drop the subject.

While reticent on the lives growing in her belly, the coffee-colored woman was more eager to talk about the plants. Shiloh nodded when she explained that the less-useful, “decorative” plants were back at her home and let her blue eyes sweep over the garden again. She recognized a few of them from her brother’s various pursuits, but she’d never been good at telling what a plant was beyond categorizing it as either pretty or not. “I’m glad that the pack has this, anyway,” the Risna said, looking at the herbs one last time before Colibri gave her suggestions on a flower to wear.

“Dahlias,” Shiloh echoed involuntarily. It brought her back, and she found herself wondering, again, what had become of the territory where her first pack had settled. She wondered if anyone else had laid claim to that land, and if she might be able to visit it. Doubtless the scenery would have changed, and her more mature eye would notice different things about the place than the prissy pup did, but none of that would stop the waves of nostalgia from washing over her.

Colibri did mention lilies (after smudging her nose with dirt; wasn’t she aware she was doing that? Shiloh wanted to wipe it off for her) but seemed less certain than with the other plants. “Oh, I don’t mind either way,” the white she-wolf said, gesturing dismissively. She did smile slightly when she noticed her pack mate messing with her mane, though the expression vanished into an innocent look when her gaze returned to her. She did nod, though, and knew sooner or later she’d plant a flower behind Colibri Haki’s ear and shove her into a mirror. While perhaps not conventionally pretty, not in many of the ways Shiloh was used to, she was very cute.

Shiloh rose with considerably less difficulty than the pregnant woman, and she almost reached out to help her (if she weren’t so dirty); in the end, she did stick her elbow out for the other to grab if she needed to. She paused to let the other regain her breath then smiled brightly at the other’s shy question. “Oh, of course, that’s fine!” she encouraged her, tail swaying. “I’d love to see your collection, too,” she added brightly. “Promise I won’t steal anything.”

<style>
.herondawn .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.herondawn p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.herondawn b {color:#955a5b; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.herondawn {background-color:#f3c096; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wUzgw.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#785f4a; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border:1px solid #fff;}
.herondawn .inner {margin:0px 10px 140px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#785f4a;}
.herondawn .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #B8444D; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 2px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread