the lovers are losing
[html]

WC:: 6+ OOC:: Loved Jiva’s reaction...so good...so Jiva! Tongue

Leaf mewled dreamily in his sleep as Palaydrian shifted her arms underneath him to cradle him even closer to her breast. His little heart beat rhythmically against the crescent moon on her chest. She wondered whether or not she should pass this tradition down to her child as Syliat had to all of the Darkfire offspring. Leaf would officially be hers if she did, the branding had a higher importance than blood ties and though she knew she never wanted to hurt this little being, she realized that it would only be right. Maybe not today, maybe not for a few weeks, but at some point, Leaf would bear his own mark. She smiled lovingly down at the child before her nose registered a heady and familiar scent. Jiva! Her ocean eyes lifted from the kit and peered into the foggy woods. Seal point ears cupped forward to catch the sounds of her lover rushing towards him. Drin hadn’t realized how late it was and how long she had been gone until the red furred man broke through the mist, worry plain as daylight on his face.

The Omega’s grin only grew as the fountain of questions and concern sputtered forth through his gasped breaths. She reached forward with a free hand to calm and sooth her mate whose brow was so furrowed with worry. Shhh, her eyes softened on him. She could see now how the death of their children and her not eating had taken its toll on her lover. It had made the pair of them haggard compared to their usual handsome selves. Somehow, this made Drin love the Takekuro man all the more. With her, he was always real and never afraid to be himself. Her heart clenched as she withdrew her hand to cradle the child once more in surprising defense. Drin shook her head gently and forced herself to drop her guard. This was her mate, he would never do anything to harm her or even the things she loved...like Leaf.

The fae forced a gentle laugh out which became real once it hit the air. She hadn’t meant to startle or alarm her mate, but to know that he had been worrying about her all day just seemed to hit a funny nerve in the woman. I’m sorry, she said in between the chuckles, sounds she was sure he was relieved to hear after all this time. Sweetheart, I should’ve woken you, but I just needed to get away...and yes, this is a fox kit, she said gently, turning her eyes back to the curled up ball against her breast. It’s okay, you can come closer... she explained, closing the gap herself until she could feel the warmth of his body heat. I found him abandoned in the woods, not even two weeks old. I...well, I named him Leaf...her face twisted with discomfort as she tried to figure out what to say next. Jiva, I know it sounds silly, but I think I was meant to find him...to save him and raise him as my...our own. Drin’s gaze lifted to study her mate’s face. Was this too much of her to ask? Please...please say we can keep him...as our son?

She’d wait with baited breath. It was a heavy question and more than she would normally ask for, but somehow she knew everything would be okay. Jiva would simply want her happiness and maybe in time, he too could love the kit as his own as she had almost instantaneously.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style type="text/css">
.drinmoon .space {float:right; height:230px; width:240px;}
.drinmoon b {font-weight:bold; color:#c58062; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinmoon p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.drinmoon {margin:0px auto; width:95%; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uTOQP.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#848484; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.drinmoon .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread