the lovers are losing
[html]
Word Count :: 456 OOC:

Her smile and laugh made him want to shake her to let her know how scared he was, and she was amused by it, in a way he was angry. He had been trying as much as he could to get her to eat, to sleep, to do SOMETHING and then she disappeared, it made him think that she probably went off to die because she was starving, but now here she was with a fox kit in her arms and she seemed perfectly happy!

That was when it hit him. She was happy, the sadness from the birth of the stillborn puppies was almost leaked out of the woman. He could see she would never leave the kit behind and deep down he knew he would want to take care of it if he found it alone with no parents to take care of it. She spoke and he listened. It was the way things would be. She moved closer saying it was ok and he helped her close the gap, and he looked down at the woman and the fox kit, listening as she finished explaining. “I understand how you feel about him Drin. I really do, but Zalen would never let you keep a fox pup here! He may even kill it. Please, I don’t want to see you hurt even more.” He hated having to give her the news of what could possibly happen. His finger moved toward the kit, it was snuggled against Palaydrian, against her warm fur, and he was save. Jiva did let his own heart go out to it, but only lightly for he was afraid that this too would have a sad ending; “Please, I don’t want to see you unhappy again... I made you a den I was going to show it to you, but well, it’s best if you keep the kit there. I just don’t see Zalen accepting him.” Jiva said.

He didn’t understand why not, the pup was a canine, but they didn’t care much for coyotes in this pack either, though he could understand with their odd ways and all. He kissed his mate on the forehead showing her that he was trying to help her and do what was best. He couldn’t see a helpless animal be killed or chased out either because he was a different species. He was a canine and that’s all that mattered, it would take longer for Jiva to care for the boy as a son, he had never gotten the opportunity to be a father before, and this sudden change would be one he would have to ease into but if it made his mate happy he would support her.

Photo courtesy of Genista

<style>
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#12302e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 {background-color:#83b080; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2665/jive.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:305px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread