[p] get-up-in-the-morning glories
[html]

shortshort

The door swung open, and her brother’s tawny-smudge face appeared wearing a grin. She hadn’t expected that, but she guessed it made it easier for both of them to pretend this would be a pleasant and simple conversation. It was her natural instinct to return the smile and pretend along with him, but she refrained this time; she owed him some more honesty today. She didn’t scowl either, though, instead opting for a neutral expression, and only nodded as he suggested that they take a walk. That, at least, might be pleasant.

Shiloh adjusted her grip on the wine bottle as he stepped outside and, before he could make some comment on it, hoisted it up for him to see. “Thought we might need this,” she said wryly before taking his arm, her finger-pads pressed into the muscle. It still amazed her how large and strong he’d grown, but she guessed her transformation from a vain little girl into a mature young woman was just as shocking to him. Either way, she still had some flaws, and his were the catalyst for their need to talk.

“I’ll try not to ask you questions as if this were some interrogation,” Shiloh stated as she indicated for him to lead her. “You can just talk about what you want to talk about, explain what you feel the need to explain, and I’ll listen to you, Saul.” Her blue eyes flashed to his emerald ones, serious and luckily far from betraying her nerves.

+333

<style type="text/css">
.issola-a b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; letter-spacing:-.5px; text-shadow:#4a4c4f 1px 1px 2px;}
.issola-a .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.issola-a .line {width:460px; border-bottom:1px solid #fff; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.issola-a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.issola-a {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9d0d7; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/r964v.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4a4c4f; padding:220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4a4c4f; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread