[p] get-up-in-the-morning glories
[html]
crap, sorry for the wait hun <3

As he stepped out to greet his sister, he thought he detected a hint of surprise from her though a more neutral expression replaced any nuance quickly. He allowed his own smile to fade softly- he knew this was going to be a difficult conversation for both of them and he perhaps shouldn't have greeted her with such enthusiasm. The simple fact that she was still here however and placed joy upon the male and he didn't regret his greeting. Instead he stepped out and closed the door behind him gently, spotting the bottle clasped in Shiloh's hand. It upset him slightly, that he didn't actually know if she drank a lot or if she didn't. There was a lot the pair needed to re-learn about each other.

As if she spotted him acknowledging the bottle, she hoisted it a little higher and offered some form of explanation. He snorted softly, a dry noise that both spoke of his agreement with the choice and at her foresight to bring it. This was going to be a brutally honest conversation and Saul knew he had a lot to explain. She took his arm and Saul began to move. At first he'd thought about the Lake, but the salty scent in the air pulled him in a more southerly direction, to the shoreline. It was a rarely used part of their territory, but the crashing waves had often calmed him before and he thought it apt that he needed to be calmed now.

Shiloh spoke then, a quiet reassurance that she wouldn't push him. For that, he was grateful. Aside from the fact that he had no idea where to start, he knew not how he was going to vocalise, justify a lot of the things he'd done. The pair remained quiet as the moved towards the shore, but Saul knew his time was limited when the crashing sound reached his ears and all too soon, toes wriggled into the soft sand that lined the top half of the beach. With a gentle sigh, the large male moved to find a suitable spot- settling on the top of a ledge of sand not far from where they'd emerged.

"I don't really know where to start... so I guess it'll have to be from when you and Ascher went missing. Bris had only recently given birth to Eclipse- she was a few months old, and Conor went a bit mad I think. Bris was never here and neither was Conor- Eclipse kind of fell into mine and Gideon's care. Everything was shaky, unknown. I'd recently built the cabin in the woods and asked Siku to move in with me and then Wretch turned up, so broken. There was nobody there to regulate, to take responsibility... so I did." He knew his train of thoughts probably weren't what Shiloh was thinking, but he couldn't help it. "We never had parents, Shi... Our mother was killed and our father didn't want us, despite his apparent interest when we were a few months old. We all had to grow up quickly..." He paused, unsure of where he was actually going with that statement. "I'd had a crush on Siku for a long time- since she arrived in Dahlia and I was involved in the whole joining process. When she moved in, I really thought I was in love with her." He paused, knowing that the worse things were to come, but wanting to give Shiloh the chance to process what he was saying.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
799+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread