summertime sadness
[html]

Word Count → 5+

The fae moved into Shadow’s affectionate greeting, she hadn’t realized how much she missed socializing with her family and how the simple gesture explained the deep bonds of pack more than words could even begin. Her tail now matched his, flagging wildly in the air as her front paws pranced in the grass. The next nuance of body language caught her off guard. The intimate lick of her ear and his empathetic whine caused her to focus and voice her own whines of anxiety. She knew this day would come, when her family needed to know if she was okay after everything that had happened. Palaydrian listened to him and held fast to keeping the pangs of sadness from choking her oxygen. The time for mourning had passed, but the memory of three precious faces would stay with her for a lifetime. She lovingly rubbed her shoulder against Shadow to indicate she understood where he was coming from and she was accepting his words of encouragement and suggestions. A look of knowing cross her face when the man spoke of her kit. Though Leaf was enshrouded in her scent now, he would always smell “a bit off” than what her family was used to.

Before she could respond, her brother was rolling on the ground and trying to entice the hidden child. An amused smile parted Palaydrian’s black lips as she laughed with her friend. It was always a wonder watching stoic men turn into mush when children were around. You can come out Leaf, she called affectionately to the ferns in which her tawny babe lay. The kit cautiously skirted the dark male and ran quickly to cower behind Drin’s stocking legs. The fae giggled as she nuzzled the kit reassuringly. Nothing to fear here little bear, this is Shadow, she said indicating towards the dark furred wolf. Well you are correct, Leaf is a fox and he’s a boy. I found him when it last rained, abandoned in the woods and left for dead. Poor thing was a runt, but with the amount he feeds each day, I don’t think he’ll be on the puny side any longer. She watched as the fuzzy child tentatively moved out from cover and approached Shadow, sniffing the air intently.

I was very broken after the accident and I’m sure I caused Jiva a lot of grief with my refusal to eat, but when I found this little guy, everything just changed, she said softly settling down on the ground herself to lay on her side as the kit continued his brave exploration. I still think of them, she was talking about the pups lost, we buried them in my garden...I just don’t know why it had to happen. I had been so careful with everything and that one day...things just came apart. She was feeling lighter already, just voicing her thoughts. It had been too painful to talk about with Jiva because for a while she blamed herself for their deaths. If she just hadn’t been digging that day, she would’ve never fallen into the pit. A laugh erupted from her when Leaf got close enough to Shadow’s paw, sniffed it, and knocked himself backwards with a mighty sneeze.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.drinwolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread