Far From Home
[html]
((431)) Sorry for late replies, math homework got the best of me! ;u;

Though it was wiped away quickly after being conceived, Harvey noticed the smile, and returned the gesture (though, in his typically cocky way) before paying attention to her words.

The merle luperci himself wasn't threatened, most likely do to his complex of being male. To him, they weren't especially the stronger or weaker sex, but they were the protectors and providers, whereas woman would tend to be more intelligently advanced, and motherly. From his journeys about Nova Scotia, he had met very capable females, but to think that a woman should be feared, he thought, was unnecessary; he seriously doubted she'd strike him without first being provoked, so he would just keep from irritating her.

Every individual, male or female, he'd met, he treated with respect, and never minded giving them compliments he personally thought they deserved. Harvey was one to speak his mind, if one liked it or not (which got him in trouble often, but he's too stubborn to learn otherwise), and seeing as he tried to be a gentleman, and a charming one at that, random terms of endearment were common in his speaking.

Quite the pleasure t' meetcha, Miss Shiloh. Must say, you're a pre'y young fin', dovey. The cockney canine gave another grin, and shrugged him broad shoulders some.

Mister Butler?

The familiar name sent a chill down his spine. Back in his gang days in London, the men often addressed one another by their surnames, especially if one was higher in rank, simply out of respect. Harvey wasn't angered by Shiloh's calling him Mr. Butler, but he preferred things to be less formal amongst possible friends (and he saw the possibility of befriending anyone).

The Brit nodded his head, and gave a soft laugh, as not to appear rude or upset by what she'd said. Oh, Miss Shiloh... Please. The australian shepherd smiled still, Please do. I prefer t' go by Harvey, if ya please. Or Harv is fine, jus'... Nofin' too fancy.

I'm jus' makin' me way 'bout the land, sorta 'avin' me an adventure. A chuckle escaped him, but was ended shortly afterwards. I live in 'Alifax, but wif'out much t' do, all by me lonesome, I am... Well, wanderin' keeps me amused, an' it's always somefin' t' fancy when I can meet such a lovely bird as yourself along the way. Harvey's tail wagged happily, paying attention especially to the woman's expressions. Despite the fast that what he said was often just as he thought, he did try and trigger reactions, most of the time to see a smile on another's face.

<style type="text/css">
.razeharv-ooc {width:440px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.razeharv b {color:#f0e5e0; font-family:georgia, serif; text-shadow:#48392a 1px 1px 2px;}
.razeharv b:before {content:open-quote;}
.razeharv b:after {content:close-quote;}
.razeharv p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.razeharv {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#ab8763; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JO1W9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:#48392a 1px solid; padding:410px 0px 3px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#48392a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread