Far From Home
[html]

lolololol shiloh waaaants him >_____>

Word Count → 552

His good-natured demeanor was only embellished by his grateful smile and the wave of his red tail; and that only embellished the attractive qualities she’d already pointed out. Her blue eyes remained trained on his face, but she let her mind wander downward accordingly and let herself think fairly unpure thoughts that she’d never admit to thinking, not with her upright morals and everything. Still, a girl could dream of a little touching, right? She wouldn’t want to if he was a skinny, scrawny, effeminate thing anyway.

She smirked as he mentioned the apparent upsides of wandering, and then she realized she was smirking and let the expression change fluidly into a smile; it didn’t do her ladylike persona to smirk, after all.

“The south was… Well, it was one of my homes, I guess.” Shiloh pushed some of her hair out of her face and smiled faintly. “I spent a lot of my childhood there. It seemed a lot more…simple, I guess. Peaceful, even though our pack lived in the wake of a war. But I was young and…silly then,” she admitted. If she’d had the time to think frivolous thoughts about cleanliness and not deigning to venture into the woods or hunt, then she supposed her life couldn’t have been rough or meaningful in those days. The north was a harsher place, but she was worldlier now, and so it all worked out.

Her ears stirred in her honey hair as he mentioned London, her interest piqued. “Across the ocean, right?” she asked, familiar of the area at least by name by having two Irish cousins. “It must be an entirely different world here,” she tittered on. “I’m sure we all seem so backwards to you.” Again the smirk threatened to tug at her lips, but she managed to keep the irony out of her eyes even as she straightened her dress.

Harvey then addressed her question about his loner status, musing over the pros of being tied to such a group and at last admitting that he simply hadn’t found the right one yet. The blonde woman grinned wickedly at this and warned him: “Don’t say that, now, or I’ll be obligated to try to recruit you to mine.” She shook her head, though, not wanting to launch into a spiel about how wonderful Vinátta was that would likely sound rehearsed and dry. As much as she loved her pack, she was biased because she had a lot of family there, and it would be far different for someone like Harvey who likely didn’t have any familial connections on the content, much less in the Norse pack.

“The only downside I can think of is that you have to manage your loyalties,” Shiloh added more softly, surprising herself by the change of tone and frowning briefly. She shrugged a milky-white shoulder. “I mean—as a loner, you can befriend whoever you’d like; there’s no pack politics, no marked enemies or friends. You don’t have to betray a companion just because of a long-standing feud.” She spoke thoughtfully, wondering how much easier it might’ve been for her own parents’ Romeo and Juliet relationship had they been loners.

Then they might have never met, Shiloh decided after a moment, and wore a smile only as courtesy as she mused in silence.

<style>
.shihorizon .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.shihorizon p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shihorizon b {color:#B8444D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shihorizon {background-color:#FDE2D0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rJLik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473F3B; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border:1px solid #fff;}
.shihorizon .inner {margin:0px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#473F3B;}
.shihorizon .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #B8444D; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 2px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread