Watch the stars with me
[html]

WC: 797

He seemed to watch her expression for a moment. Could he see through her? Was it possible? Most never paid that much attention to her emotions. Maybe he did. The way he handled her was so soft, as if he was sensitive to her feelings. His digits ran through her long mane, untangling strands. Again she leaned into his touch, eyes closing some. She just soaked in whatever he gave her. Silently enjoying the touch and the attention. His voice broke through the silence and her eyes looked softly to him. His words sent a ping of hot and cold through her. Fear coming to her eyes. Had he actually found a mate sooner than she thought he would? She just looked at him, nervously. She listened, not breaking his thoughts, and the words he were trying to form. He then began to speak of Sangi'lak. She knew a little about the pack. She had met a member from the pack, and she recalled the leader he spoke of. Seeing her on a few occasions. Were they uniting in some way to become one pack? Adonia wasn't sure what he was getting at. But obviously this was important and he wanted her to know first, or hear it directly from him. Either way. Somehow it might upset her though?

Her ears went tightly back and she adjusted herself to allow him to sit up her hands propping her up. She thought about moving back, but his contact was still so welcoming to her. She did move away some to give a respectable distance between their faces. Her nose dipped down some. Finally, he broke the news. It initially cracked her heart some. But what did she expect!? They weren't mates. He was just wanting her to mother his offspring. Obviously, this was much like their arrangement, but she asked this of him. However, it was for a different reason. Adonia's ears laid flush with her fur and for a second she looked down chewing on this information he gave her. She pulled back from him and drew up her legs. Her arms wrapped around her shins and she then laid her head on her knees. Why was he sharing this, and then explaining it as if he was trying to get her appr---no, there he said it. He wanted her approval. Why!? She was just a subordinate. Her ears flicked forward the moment he asked for her approval her eyes met his. They were a mixture of emotions. Joy for the pack, hurt for a reason she couldn't understand at all. Then confusion all swimming together in a swarm.

Her head lifted from her knees and she looked him in the eyes, he knew she what she felt. The way he watched her, he somehow could see what she thought. No one had done that. No one! A heavy sigh came from her,"...do I really have a choice to approve it or not? You've done it, obviously. Why does my approval matter to you? I'm not your alpha...I'm not your beta...I'm at the near bottom of this pack chain." She spoke facts nothing more. "...maybe it's my emotions you're asking about? If so...I'm not going to lie to you this time. It sorta hurts. I don't know why...but it does. Would it hurt you if I told you these puppies weren't yours at all? That's a bad example..it's comparing apples and oranges. But..did you see what I meant?" Her eyes searched his eyes. His seemed to hold his emotions, she could see it if she looked hard enough into them. "But, if this means the pack has strong a strong Alliance, then I will think about the well being of the pack. On that end it is good. Great even. New Dawn can strive on good pack Alliance....but then again Zalen. I'm in no real position to have a strong influence. I'm just on the bottom of the totem pole. Do you approve of your decision?" What more could she say?

Her jaw clenched and she looked down again, ears folded back for a split second. Then she rocked forward onto her shins and leaned into him. She didn't know why she felt the urge to do this, but she did. Her hand softly came up to the side of his muzzle and she kissed him on the cheek softly, "...obviously, my opinion mattered....but really, why?" She whispered softly then pulled back before she let her muzzle run along his. "...I have grown to care strongly about you, whatever you think is in the best interest of the pack, don't let the opinion of just me matter. There are so many members. Do you think they will approve?"

<style>
.alleyadonia-sdb0109 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.alleyadonia-sdb0109 b {color:#171816;}
.alleyadonia-sdb0109-b {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.alleyadonia-sdb0109-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#997799; text-shadow:#ffffee 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.alleyadonia-sdb0109-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.alleyadonia-sdb0109 {background-color:#f7eee6; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ddddcc; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474844; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TZn20.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:430px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread