Never leave a wrong to ripen into sorrow
[html]

What had started out as a carefree day had quickly careened into a high energy conflict. All the violence and sorrow Drin had been bottling up had spewed out of her like a volcano. In her breaking point two things had happened; she had realized where her true feelings were coming from and secondly, that Zalen wasn’t the enemy here...it was herself. She needed to blame someone for all the grief she felt over Titania’s disappearance and apparent amnesia as well as the loss of her own children. Sure she had mourned in her own way and cried enough tears for everyone, but all the rage that had been piling up in her needed an outlet as well. And now here she had been faced with a man she loved as friend and brother, but because of her brokenness over Titania, it only felt right to feel betrayed and angry with him as he had not so secretly satisfied his own urges.

But who was she to judge? Everyone dealt with loss in their own way, perhaps it was the only way for her alpha to truly move on and begin repairing the damage in his life. Palaydrian had always been a rational wolf, but lately she had been allowing her own sadness and anger take control of her life, but no longer. Her son’s cry had broken the spell and now she was wide awake. Everything was coming at her in a blur and while sorrow remained, rage was finally banished for the time being. Being this stubborn and close minded wasn’t at all the kind of wolf she was and now all she felt was embarrassment.

Emotions swung like a pendulum from low to high, hot to cold. Palaydrian’s body quaked with exertion and recognition of the past few minutes but her muscles ached too much to lower herself even further. Her body language spoke of shame as she cast her eyes down to the fox with a dejected nod. It’s okay little bear...step forward, she whispered to the kit, though he hesitantly stuck to her leg trying to melt into her fur. Drin’s head dipped behind the kit’s rump and gently shoved him forward with her snout so he’d be in front of her. I’ve named him Leaf, she said after taking a deep breath. I know he’s not one of us, but I couldn’t leave him abandoned in the wilderness when my body still had so much to give...and...well, I was afraid you’d turn him away. The truth was out. She had played this scenario so many times in her mind as the kit couldn’t stay a secret forever, but never in any of those fantasies had she seen what had transpired.

Table credit to Vannah!

<style type="text/css">
.ps-butterfly b {font-weight:bold; color:#3e1a3f;}
.ps-butterfly p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ps-butterfly {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#d5f4e2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/ ... terfly.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d5f4e2; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 275px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 4+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread