[M]One Moment at a Time
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Back-dated for Aug. 30th. Early Evening

The female was exhausted in mind rather than body. The strain of climbing the mountain did nothing to her endurance at best, but the slow pace had certainly given her time to think on how she would present this matter to her….her friend? Her lover? Certainly not her mate because the Nomads did not believe in such things. Lovers for the season, yes. But deeply bound souls for the duration of their lives…no. They did not. It was impractical to settle with only one when there were opportunities to birth a great family with the provided genetics. To keep a single bloodline would have been…selfish. They both knew this. But how was she to refer to him now if not the conventional title bequeathed by the wolves of this land? She did not know, and in truth she was too tired to ponder on it. Rather she let her mind wander with hope to the opportunity that could be had through the union of pack leads and the children (she prayed to the Ancestors) that would come from the coupling. But could it be done without contest? To answer this question was why she had climbed the mountain.

Laying with her belly pressed against the cool ground, she waited for the Lambda to approach. Her eyes were closed but senses still stretched around her, feeling the subtle vibrations of the ground as he walked and marked his earthen scent as it drew nearer. His touch was like electricity that jarred her eyes open and forced her to look at him with surprise laden within. Her ears fell back then as he spoke so cordially; the voice of a Lambda instead of that of a lover. Hearing it gave her intentions more merit than before, noting with a heavy heart that despite her sacrifice she was still unworthy of his true affection.

Softly, she sighed. “I have had time to think of the future of our Family,” she began, breathing deeply the mountain air as she tried to regain her strength. “We may not need the aid of others now, but should the time arise, I intend for us to have the loyalty of another. Zalen of New Dawn, he is a capable leader and one worth the consideration of a Shepard. He no longer has a mate or children to carry his name…and… I have favored offering myself as the bearer of his line…as well as my own.” The Issor raised her head, finding courage within her decision to look the Lambda in the eye. “With the season changing, my readiness to receive will end. I…intend to do this before then, so long as he is willing, to begin that alliance that would stand our Family and New Dawn alongside each other. Given…what has happened between-“ again, her ears lowered. “-given what I have done to myself that none but you would know, I felt that you should be informed should any…complication arise. I know that you are sickened by my defilement and have no desire to continue your line with me… but I hope you will continue to serve this Family, and its Shepard during this vulnerable time…should it come to pass.”

533 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread