A momentary retreat
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Sure thing

The Nomad remained as she was; calm and collected with a bothered bird grating more determinedly at her shoulder. His talons roamed, inching deeper as her prior companions had done. A conditioning method to keep the beast calm as they sense the internal stirring rage with the delicate sense that gifted to all creatures. And she would be calm, her eyes trained on the young wolf to behold the reactions of her words. Her smile never wavered even as her own maternal methods were victim to insult. It was but a little more than a scratch to her pride, a smarting wound that healed as quickly as it was received then ignored as if it had never been.

“A loyal Vald, you are…” she praised the Vinattan for his unflinching dedication to his family. Dare she call it admirable, had she not firmly believed his allegiance was severely misplaced. “But if he is what you Vinattans consider ‘wise’ then the pack is both misguided and…disappointing. I had hoped at least one would have better sense…”

The atmosphere of the Aldarto’K had become charged with the friction of the colliding forcing, creating a delicious tension the Nomad hadn’t the pleasure to feel in some time. But even then, it was not the charge that would be the catalyst to violence. She could see this now as an experiment, a test of what words to do to the Vinattan spirit. And this far, she could safely anticipate and explosive reaction with the right added part.

“As for being a mother….well,” she continued smoothly, turning again to the lake as her parched tongue begged again to drink. “Even the dumbest creature can see when the youth is beyond their help. But at times they ignore that instinct, believing the influence to be that of compassion. But its true name is stupidity, forcing them to see within that lost cause what was never there. I must admit…I should thank Saul for allowing me to have that experience with him. It has taught me that those without potential should be left to the world far less pitying than I.”

And as the male’s hackles raised and his lips pulled further back, the Nomad just looked at him, her own posture calm with tail swaying leisurely along the shore of the lake. The small rock beneath turned and rolled following the direction conducted by her tail. Defenseless to her manipulations until they managed to roll free and slip into the water. “Niernan…Vald of Vinatta,” the woman’s smile then waned. “If the Ancestors could heed my words, I would pray to them that they bring sense to the lot of you through death and despair. But I am certain they will be with you. When they steal the lives of your…’many Stormbringers’, no doubt it will be because they are merciful to the young; taking their lives to live among their greatness rather than let them suffer under the ignorance of their parents. But yes…Stormbringer…this has been educational.” She returned the nod as the male turned toward home and loped off to perhaps retell this encounter with the Nomad Shepard. Whether he did or not was of little concern to her. What mattered was that the lake was hers again and at last, she could drink in peace.

551 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread