Sketches of Shadows and Light
[html]

I finished reading the series 2 days ago, for the 2nd time XD. I'm a bit of a Hunger Games nerd. :: 617 ::

Nier had become adept at noticing the signs of embarrassment on a creatures features, having had them spread across his own so often. He didn't know what the female had to be embarrassed about, she truly had a wonderful voice and she wasn't to know that he had been in the clearing. He ignored her embarrassment, knowing that if he called her on it then it would only bring more. She sat her horse straighter as he rose to his footpaws, he noticed the slight movement but didn't think anything of it, she was probably just getting comfortable.

He slipped his charcoal stick into one of his voluminous pockets, the journal held in his hand following soon after. The stranger gave permission for him to fuss the horse and that's exactly what he did, following Ciaran's head bump by smoothing the long nose of the horse with his sensitive paw pads. The short fur on the slope of the horses face tickled his palm slightly, but he revelled in the feeling. He smiled curiously up at the wolfess, "You're friendly half?" He chuckled disbelievingly, "You seem friendly enough to me Miss." He said, his voice light and airy. Ciaran mewled happily as Nier moved closer to the horse, meaning that he didn't have to stretch that far anymore. The cat rubbed his face against the side of the mares. Niernan hadn't seen the cat this affectionate in a while, the last time was when Ciaran had been under the influence of catnip. He frowned at the ground for a moment, glancing around to see if the spear leafed plant was anywhere around. He couldn't find any sign of the plant, so he shrugged his shoulders, eliciting a kitten mewl from Ciaran at the sudden movement.

The wolfess dismounted and Niernan was a little surprised at her height; she was a lot shorter than he had expected, her head only coming up to his collar bone. He kept stroking the horses nose as he looked at the other, her pale eyes observing him for a moment before she spoke. He felt as if he were being weighed and measured, or... He couldn't find the right word for it. Maybe appreciated? Yeah, that fit better. He wasn't entirely sure what to make of being appreciated by a female that wasn't his Grace. He knew that if his golden furred lover was here she would be fiercely defending his 'honour' or something equally daft. His thoughts of her were put on a back shelf as the stranger gave her and the horses name. He smiled and bowed his head slightly, "A pleasure to meet you Sonje, and you too Jagga." He said giving the horse an affectionate pat on the neck.

He stepped away from the horse, letting one handpaw come up to provide a knuckle for Ciaran to rub against, the other falling to his side. He noticed how her eyes rested on his otter pendant and he self-consciously fingered the wooden loop, the Frithr pendant resting against his fur just above it. He felt a grin spread across his lips as she called him and Ciaran good-looking, her hand reaching out to Ciaran. Nier laid his free hand against his bare chest, "I'm Niernan Stormbringer, and this is Ciaran." The cat scrambled down from Niernans shoulders, padding over to Sonje and mewling at her footpaws, begging for attention that she was apparently willing to give. Nier rolled his cerulean eyes, the cat was desperate, and was pulling out all the tricks to get what he wanted. "What brings you two lovely ladies to Fundy at this time of year?" His natural Irish charm taking over and allowing him to innocently flirt.

Word Count ~ +xxx

<style>
.NiernanBody .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; text-align: center;}
.NiernanBody p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.NiernanBody { font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justifyWink; background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:px 0px 10px 0px; min-height:273px; width:597px;}
.NiernanHeader {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Header.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:220px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
.NiernanFooter {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Footer.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
p.wc {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread