[p] i drink to death and smack my lips with song
Null watched the larger female step closer, pleased that she maintained a polite distance between them. Null often felt crowded and overwhelmed when other canines got too close, especially if they were significantly larger than her. It made her feel boxed in and trapped, and she didn't like it at all. But this was okay; they weren't calling to each other at an awkwardly long distance, but they weren't in each others personal space either. She wagged her black-tipped tail a little, feeling at ease in the presence of the other canine.

She blinked when the wolfdog commented on her gloves-- she literally hadn't even thought if the warmth they would provide, only considering them in terms of aesthetic appeal. Oh, yes! I hadn't really thought 'bout that. I just thought they were cute! She lowered her ears sheepishly. You're right though, they should be warm. My hands are always deathly cold, so maybe they'll help some with that! She rubbed her hands together briskly, attempting to stimulate some bloodflow. Her extremities were always freezing, something that anyone she touched commented on, but she rarely noticed herself. Sometimes her feet would get cold enough that they would go completely numb, which would cause her to notice and try to rectify it, but ordinarily she only acknowledged her freezing hands when she was playing and pressed her chilled fingers to someone's nose or ears to startle them.

She cocked her head as the earthy-coloured wolfdog explained her own motives or being in the area, chocolate ears pricked with interest. "Another pack's territory"? So the other canine must already belong to a pack. Null knew nothing about any of the packs in the area, and she certainly didn't recognize the-- she sniffed-- sharp spearmint scent that clung to the other canine. Spearmint seemed an unusual scent for a pack. It was sharp and bit her senses; she had always preferred peppermint, having found spearmint far too strong for her liking. She resisted the urge to snort the scent away and shake her head.

You have a pack, then? She asked curiously. I've never had a pack. I just grew up with my parents and my brothers, and we were all on our own. What's your pack like? Having never had a pack, she was curious of what it was like to be in one. Was it like a family? Or was it less personal, just people working together? She bet it was nice. Why would anyone join a pack if it wasn't nice to be in one?

Messages In This Thread