[p] i drink to death and smack my lips with song
((No parental controls, but the router has been squiffy for a while now. We gotta get that fixed. Also, lol, good to know! And omg, 'coffee-and-cream', I like that!))

Null didn't hold out much hope for the wolfdog to consider her as anything but a useless, undersized weakling; it had never mattered to her family how good she was at trapping, or reading, or tracking. They had never cared for her wit. All that had ever mattered to them was how much smaller she was than her brothers, how she couldn't take on a deer in honest, wolfish close combat. As far as she knew, that was the way of all Luperci-- only the large and the strong were valued, the small and the frail worth less even if they were clever. She had never heard anything to imply otherwise.

Which was why her ears pricked dramatically and her head snapped up when the large, dun-coloured female told her that her pack valued wits as well as strength. Null had never dared to have more than the barest hope that there would be a place where her intelligence would be considered a worthy trait, and the information caused such a feeling of elation to bloom in her chest that her tail gave a few quick wags before she calmed herself-- the existence of such a pack did not guarantee that she would be accepted into it, after all. She shouldn't get her hopes up, for fear that they would be dashed.

I'm Null. Null Liulfr. I've-- I've never heard of a place where minds are valued alongside strength, but I've come to realize that my family was pretty bad. They named me 'Nothing', after all. She grinned bitterly, shaking herself lightly to dispell the melancholy that childhood reminiscing brought upon her. Um-- would it be presumptuous to-- to ask about your pack? I--I mean, I've always wanted to find a place where... Where I'd fit. I mean-- I'm sure I could be useful, and I'm a fast learner. I just... I just want to fit somewhere.

Null's stammering and meek politeness was slightly put on, since she had found that the more harmless and eager to please you appeared, the more likely people were to help you. The stammer made her seem unsure and endearing, a trick she had used often enough on the softer of her brothers to get her way. She was legitimately nervous, though. She didn't want to offend Draugr and have a potential pack barred off from her before she'd even had a chance at it.

She was trying not to be excited just yet. There was still the very real risk that Draugr's pack might not suit her for other reasons, even if it valued intelligence. That was no reason to join a pack on its own, regardless of how promising that was. She was hoping though, hoping so hard it hurt. Null didn't like being a loner at all, and her every instinct ached to be part of a pack.

Messages In This Thread