[p] i drink to death and smack my lips with song
[html]

515 You could probably start up a joining thread in Salsola whenever, I think? :O Null definitely knows enough about the pack! I could have Eris or Draugr herself come greet her at the borders, but if you'd prefer Null to meet other packmembers, you can mark it AW for anyone I think ^^ Up to you~

Draugr is by Alaine!

Draugr tempered her grin only with great effort, and presented to Null a smile that was pleased, but not overmuch. She did not know why, but it felt wrong to express quite so much pleasure at the promise of an outsider; perhaps it would all fall apart in the end, anyway, and she had nothing to grin over. But she also felt as though this canine would make an asset to Salsola, and an asset to herself. By providing the opportunity through which the earthen-shaded wolf entered Salsola, Null might later ask questions of Draugr or even follow her example. The word "friendship" occurred to the wolfdog, but she was quite certain her definition of friendship differed radically from most others. There was a better word, perhaps, but the Tradesman's vocabulary was not wide enough for her to know it -- "partnership" might have served better for what Draugr considered friendship.

The wolfdog considered the idea of a gift carefully, her dark muzzle inclined at an slight angle toward the sky. Jewelry would have served quite well with Sirius and Eris still at the lead of the clan, and she had seen her mother deliver a corpse before. But Salvia was a different beast entirely, and Dra had to think for a long minute. Hm, she said, indicating her turning this question over in her head. The Boss -- you can't call her by name while she's around, so it's better to start now -- is strong. I think she'd like something as strong or useful as she is. But -- like you've said, the hybrid said, smiling again.

Strong doesn't mean big. A little knife that is very sharp is better than a big sword that is very dull. You can try jewelry, too, but try for something very pretty. She tried to remember whether Salvia wore any jewelry at all. She did not bedeck herself in gold and glitter as Sirius and Eris had, but there was something. It came to Draugr as she glanced sidelong at a decaying house and saw brilliant emerald grass. The wolfdog did grin this time, looking back toward Null's dark hazel eyes. And green. If you bring jewelry, bring her something green. Green was the color of Salvia's eyes, and Draugr remembered clearly the glint of emerald and jade upon her.

It occurred to the earthen-hued woman that she had revealed quite a lot about Salsola -- but not so much as one large secret. Knowing the preference of jewelry color for the Boss was nothing that could cause trouble, Dra thought -- and there would be no trouble at all when Null came to the borders in person. She would no longer be an outsider, then, Draugr decided. Athanasios and Alessandra had proved themselves worthy, and yet neither retained membership within Salsola. Null struck her as better than both of those two, though perhaps that was because Draugr had already decided the defectors to be unworthy scum, while Null had all the glimmering possibilities of membership and a home within Salsola.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread