[aw] your bark will wear thin
[html]

(308) omg Salvia is being a bitch I am sorry

Most people would not have noticed the tightening of muscles under ash colored fur, but Salvia was a true alpha of her breed. She read signs in every motion, in gestures so small that others might overlook them. It was reinforced by her hunting and behavior with the animals. She could ride Nacht bareback and need only think of where to go for him to respond. Tiger would, no doubt, be the same. Salvia saw the motion but did not recognize it for what it was—she had convinced herself that she had never felt envy for these younger children, and chose to live under such delusions.

What she did recognize was the wall that rose to meet her. Harrow had seen some things out in the wilderness. Something had changed her. This pleased Salvia on some deeper level. She needed to see that the soft things her mother had made were worthwhile.

So the request caught her by surprise. Salvia’s ears rose, black-brushed like her shoulders, and she regarded Harrow with a frank appraising eye. Then she let out a high yap, almost coyote like in its sound. Moments later the newest slave came scurrying over, obviously trained to the sound. “Rub this horse down, but first bring me Nacht. Harrow, you will ride Róta. Tack the mare.” The slave hurried off with the horse, and Salvia approached her sister with a strange smile on her face.

“Come ride with me. I am heading north, to the borders.” It was not spoken as a request, but a challenge, a test; the mare Salvia had summoned for her sister was a difficult one. Should she be able to handle it, Salvia might further consider her proposition. She wondered if Harrow recalled the mare’s temperament and found, in a cruel part of her soul, that she hoped she did not.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread