it's not the last word you'll hear
[html]
[/html]Tayui couldn't help but flash Anu a wide grin when Saul spoke of Oak. She quickly perked up, taking this as an indication that she could raise her eyes and her ears. She supposed she had always been a more traditional leader, preferring deference from non-members (as they were always the biggest question mark and the largest threat), but if the entire pack was as accommodating and a calm as Saul, she figured that she might be able to enjoy Vinátta. The thought that Vinátta might actually be a real place to call home was exciting and invigorating.

Tayui tried to ignore the tickle at the back of her mind that perked up at the mention of the name 'Lilin.' She recognized the name, but couldn't place it. She knew she'd met someone, once, but couldn't remember when or why. She would find out soon enough, she supposed.

She re-focused her attention to Saul, who spoke up once more. She'd have time later to ruminate on this mysterious Lilin character later.

"I can read and write, though, I haven't any tools anymore. But anything left from the humans written in English is acceptable. I spoke French once, and I've lost it a bit, but I can recognize enough when someone speaks the language. I have experience as a baird and storyteller. I've led a pack before and can provide counsel if it's desired. And of course hunting, tracking, scouting, and some sparring -- all skills any canine might have." She left out her experience in AniWaya as a Kunikoti and her mediumship, as she was unsure how this pack might respond to her knowledge of these matters. Although she had been hoping to pursue the rank of Bone Bearer in AniWaya, related to burial and ceremony, she did not know whether this pack would take kindly to hearing about such experience. By the time she finished speaking, she realized that she had enough skills to omit it anyhow. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread