it's not the last word you'll hear
[html]
yaaay <33

The flashes of grins and smiles between the two ladies did not go unnoticed, though the Virding assumed they were close friends and perhaps a little excited at the prospect of joining a new pack. From what Oak had said, they'd been a little band of loners like the founding members of Vinátta had been- while they'd been at the Moonstone Lakes, Tayui and Anu had been up in Berwick, a town Saul knew well. He wondered briefly how long they'd been there, whether there might have been a way to group up when they were both small bands of loners. Either way, there was no point speculating- Vinátta was here now and so were the other group. Tayui, as she had the whole of the meeting, chose to speak first and Saul turned his emerald gaze towards her mismatched ones.

He wasn't surprised to find that Tayui was literate- both of them seemed civilised and sophisticated at least. He nodding softly, appreciative of her multi-lingual tongue even if she'd lost a bit of it. It was better than nothing, should they ever be confronted with a Luperci who they could not communicate with. As she mentioned being a storyteller, Saul felt a small smile on his lips. He was surprised when Tayui revealed she had led a pack before, though he perhaps shouldn't have been, before topping off her repertoire with the basic skills of a wolf that had ensured she'd survived as long as she had. Saul nodded softly, a kind smile on his lips. "I'm sure we can find some use for you Tayui." He offered, a lightly teasing tone to his voice before Anu picked up where her partner had left off.

His brows shot up slightly as Anu revealed that she'd also been a leader to Crimson Dreams, the pack that had most recently disbanded. He felt a pang of sorrow for the female- she was likely the one to have had to disband the pack in the first place. Her next words were small it seemed, but useful none the less. "Experience is always needed. And I think Vinátta could certainly benefit from the expertise of a fruit grower. We have a Vineyard that is currently very overgrown... but perhaps you might be able to help with that." He offered softly, almost praising the skills she had. It was true though- while he and Coli knew a lot about herbs and medicinal plants, Saul knew little about fruit growing and Coli was otherwise out of action for a while, on account of her rather large bump.
Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward in a startled motion as the deep baritone of the otherwise silent male came. He allowed an encouraging smile over his lips as the male admitted to being a good hunter and scout, two things packs always needed. He chuckled softly as Cypress degraded himself, a gentle shake of his grey head given as if to dismiss the worry. His next words, on the other hand, caused the males face to light up. Excitement coursed through his body and he all but grinned at the boy. "Now, there's something we don't have... but could very much use. You and I might be putting some plans together after winter, if you'd be up for it?" He asked- the prospect of bees in Vinátta was exciting to say the least. Not only would they be beneficial to any crops they might plant next year, but the honey would be extremely beneficial for them.

Now almost vibrating with excitement, Saul turned back to the leading pair and tried to reign it in. With Anu's experience growing fruit and Cypress' experience with bees, he thought that Vinátta would be far more bountiful next year than he'd first expected. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, he gathered his thoughts. "I'd be delighted to accept you into Vinátta. If you'd like to follow me to Jordheim, I have a few things to give you and then you may choose a house if you'd like." He offered, grey tail swinging back and forth. With the group behind him, the Virding turned and started to lead them back to Jordheim.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
700+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread