Mechanical Failure
[html]

Word Count → 517 :: No need to apologize, I enjoy reading it. I'm just surprised at how quickly someone replied.

Willam knelt down near the scared creature and tried to figure out what to do to help it. Of course the sheep wasn't realizing that such was her intention and had started to put up an even bigger fight. But all of this struggle was just wearing the poor animal out. Willam couldn't even begin to guess how long the sheep had been caught like this but it had been long enough to make the captured leg raw and bloody. Willam could only imagine the pain that it was in. It's bleating was loud and clearly frightened.

The female was forced to look up at the sound of another. Her face quite visibly broke out in relief as she noticed who it was. Willam was quick to get to her feet and approach the male. Normally she kept her distance but this time she couldn't help herself but to try and wrap her arms around Max's neck to try and hug him as well as trying to lick his cheek. It eased so many worries and concerns to see that he was well. It didn't seem as if he had suffered too greatly from the encounter with the cougar. He was marked up the same as she was, the fur upon her body hiding most of her injuries. Across her chest, over her shoulders, and onto her back had been clawed up but she was so used to scarring that it hadn't bothered her to have fresh ones on her body, though these hadn't come from penance as the others had.

"I am so glad that you are okay." The words were spoken as she pulled away. Willam bowed her head, ashamed of herself for such an overly friendly display. She had been blaming herself the whole time for what had happened to him as well as stressing worse outcomes. She was glad that he was still able to move about freely and didn't seem hindered in the slightest. But then his question came back to mind.

Willam looked back at the sheep and moved the wooly animal's side once more. "It's leg is stuck in... something. I don't know what it is. I have never seen it before. I was trying to figure out how to free it without hurting it anymore than it has already injured itself." She explained, looking up at Max as she did so. "Do you think it will still be able to survive if we manage to free it or should we just put it out of its misery already?" Willam was all for mercy killings. She didn't really like the thought of anyone suffering, aside from those wolves that had burned la Chemin, and so she was quick to put down whoever or whatever would only continue to suffer and be unable to take care of themselves as a result of an injury. She would want the same for herself. If she were to ever become an invalid than she would wish for a quick death rather than a longer life where someone else had to take over her care.

<style>
.flower2-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... vinwj5.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:103px; height:97px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.flower2 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.flower2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.flower2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.flower2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.flower2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.flower2 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread