Tender Tinder
[html]

Yep. No one has made any obvious dirty jokes about it yet. I'd be surprised if Alma didn't hang around serious people so much.

"You'll have a hard time finding anything suitable on the ground that will last. If it's off the tree means something has chewed it off, or there's some weakness in the wood that caused it to fall." Alma replied. She thought looking for usable wood on the ground was a futile thing. It was possible, maybe, but it was not something she would have done. "Why don't you cut something down? Not these, I mean," she gestured to the trees around her, "but out there, beyond the borders?" She pointed vaguely in that direction. "I have an axe if you need it and..."

She paused. It occurred to her that maybe she was afraid of using an axe - although, from her build, she didn't seem like a stranger to hard work; perhaps she was afraid a tree might fall on her? "I could even cut it down for you, if you want. I'm heading out there myself, anyway." She probably wouldn't have suggested such if she knew it would make the other coyote uncomfortable. There was another pause - shorter this time as the orange coyote glanced at the pile of unsuitable wood. Her gaze was thoughtful. "If you know how to use a travois, do you know how to use a cart?" It was not an idle question; she had an idea that would be both to her and Inferni's benefit - it would make hauling the wood back to Inferni easier and save her from having to take multiple trips to carry everything back.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread