Alone and Forgotten
[html]

Word Count :: 380

OOC :: --

Lyris was still. No movement was detected, aside from the mandatory beating of a strong, young heart and the deep intake of breath that passed her lips and rose her dirtied flanks. Beneath the blood and dirt she may have been pretty- beautiful, even- but it was barely detectable under all that muck. The pale she-wolf continued to stand at submission, her eyes traveling slowly along the ground. She could feel X'yrin's deep yellow gaze travel the length of her pelt- perhaps instinct was the source of the feeling- but could sense no disapproval. Well, if she trusted her gut, that was a relief. But Lyris couldn't always trust her gut- maybe X'yrin was just good at concealing it. Alas, the pale female was grateful for the Issor's good grace at not staring. She knew she was a sight.

At the Luperci's words, Lyris did not respond in any way but raise her eyes a few millimeters, signaling that she heard. The larger female towered over her bowed figure, but Lyris was not intimidated. X'yrin seemed kind-hearted and nice enough. So far, her impression of the pack was a good one. Maybe this would work out.

Lyris wasn't expecting the vulture- oh no, that came out of the blue. The initial shock was short, and she quickly recovered, ignoring the bird's eager look. Instead, the traveler focused on the Sangi'lak leader's next question- was this all she yearned for? It seemed to be easy- why of course! She wished for a home. But Lyris could pick out the meaning behind the question. She raised her eyes- not to meet X'yrin's- but to her chest. A sign of bravery- it might have been a bit too far, but Lyris had the gall. "X'yrin- Issor." She began, evergreen eyes fluttering in and out of existence behind pale eyelids in one quick blink. "I long for a not a home- but a pack. I wish for a place in the rankings and a responsibility to be received- I seek to pull my own weight and, if you will, support my family."

Her jaws closed, and she hoped it was enough. It was truly what she felt in her heart. Now the youth would wait for the alpha's words.

<style type="text/css">
.character-lyrisstpersent b {font-weight:bold; color:#DADADA; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-lyrisstpersent .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-lyrisstpersent p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-lyrisstpersent {margin:0px auto; width:466px; background-color:#4f6a95; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1XUHF.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 320px 5px 10px 5px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread