Alone and Forgotten
[html]

Word Count :: 418

OOC :: All the best people are mad, my dear~ C:

The flustered-looking she-wolf stood silent and still as stone as she waited with eternal patience. Long legs splayed, head lowered, ears at half-mast, tail tucked- she was submissive, oh yes, completely so. But her eyes- those oh-so evergreen eyes- were out of place. They were high up, focused on the highly ranked she's chest. Had she gone to far? Was that simple roll of her eyes too much? Lyris felt the question tickling at the back of her mind, and she could feel that X'yrin must be weighing out her actions, also. Had Lyris been too rash? No. She didn't think so. She had used her bravery in that action to help portray to the more mature woman that Lyris was indeed brave, and strong.

But X'yrin's next moves made the young one second-guess herself. Adrenaline began pumping through her veins as the stronger wolf began advancing. Was she going to charge? Chase her off the territory? Injure her further? Lyris had no inkling, and she had the split second chance to bolt. But she didn't take it. She wasn't that much of a weakling. Instead, she braced herself. Head cocked to the side and eyes squeezed closed while muscles pulled taut. She was ready for the ripping of flesh. .....But it never came. Instead, the youth could feel gentle pressure on her good shoulder, and then a thump of some sort as the Issor leaped away. Lyris blinked, then turned her head to look at the auburn female. She still showed her submission- looking only at the woman's ankles. But she got a glance of her face- the half-mast ears, the pulled back lips. A mixture of submission and aggression.

Lyris, having grown to only a young age in her old pack before having to journey off on her own, never exactly learned all of the canine behavior. She learned most of it by instinct, some of it by visual observation, and the rest by memory. But she was still missing chunks. What was X'yrin trying to do? She looked like she wanted to play, yet she looked aggressive in the same.

At a loss, Lyris did the only thing she could do. She reacted. Agile body shot forward swiftly, and wet nose gently tapped the ankle of the Issor. A small whine seeped from her throat, one of multiple meanings. I'm confused, but I'll follow you. Then Lyris backpedaled, returning to her previous position, though her eyes were even lower now.

What next?

<style type="text/css">
.character-lyrisstpersent b {font-weight:bold; color:#DADADA; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-lyrisstpersent .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-lyrisstpersent p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-lyrisstpersent {margin:0px auto; width:466px; background-color:#4f6a95; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1XUHF.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 320px 5px 10px 5px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread