heal the scars and change the stars
[html]

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

[398]
<333

Though there came no verbal agreement that Saul had chosen the right name for their daughter, there came a weary smile that seemed to be an acceptance from his mate as the name settled in both of their minds. He couldn't help his tail beating back and forth behind him as he held his daughter, his only daughter, close to his body to keep her warm and protected. There came a quietness over the pair as they waited, Saul almost holding his breath and Lilin perhaps trying to find the most comfortable position. Her hands came up to pull the strings behind her head, letting the pareo drop into her lap. As she raised their sons to her breasts, Saul caught his breath. It was a beautiful sight, Lilin nursing their children. And it seemed to do the job of delivering the placenta, for a few moments later the afterbirth departed from his mates body.

As Coli had before her, Lilin neglected the afterbirth and Saul knew she wouldn't consume it to retain the nutrients it provided. It would mean that he would need to provide her with fresh meat shortly, but not this night. The morning would bring daylight with which he could hunt and he would make sure Colibri received some of the share. Happiness washed over him as he cradled his daughter and he looked down at her, captured. Her pink mouth opened and closed, a seeking motion that caused the male to chuckle softly. A trembling finger came up to caress his daughters head, trying to soothe her. She would need feeding soon, but for now she was content to settle in his arms and sleep after the exhaustion introduction to the world. Lilin's soft words caused him to look up and he couldn't help the grin he sent her.

Yes... you did amazing. I love you... so much. He whispered softly, green eyes bright with moisture. He didn't want to get overly emotional, but watching everything she'd gone through, the strength it took to give birth to their children after she'd watched the complications with Colibri just a week ago. Scooting closer, he leaned up, his hand still trembling as he tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and out of her way. His hand dropped to smooth across her cheek, a loving smile given to the female who owned him.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXTa {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
height:200px; width:300px;
float: right;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:40px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXTa u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread