[m] [p] so you say, "we will see"
[html]

The brown coywolf seemed glad enough to see him, but Levent saw the jackal of someone deserving of more interest. That wasn’t to say he rudely ignored the woman, however; instead, he threw a charming smile her way as if he’d never had the pleasure to meet someone so friendly and pretty. It was bright but brief as his attentions returned to the skinny hybrid, who spoke in a language that Levent hadn’t heard in a long time, but recognized well from his book and from plenty of meetings in the missed eastern hemisphere.

“I speak a little,” Levent replied in the tones of a non-native, but well-studied, speaker. He didn’t speak with the ease of his native tongue or his second one, the one taught to him by his English mother growing up in London, but it was understandable and only slightly awkward-sounding to one who’d spoken the language all their life. “I can’t think many others here do,” he added with a grin, about to stuff his hands into his pockets before changing his mind; he didn’t want to do anything that seemed threatening, even if the woman would be oblivious to anything so subtle.

Half for her benefit (he thought, at least; she didn’t seem to have comprehension of what her companion was saying, if she’d care) and half out of habit, he spoke his next line in simple English: “What are your names?” His blue eyes flickered over the jackal’s leanly muscled frame then landed on the female’s belly from her little cue, smiling as he thought was appropriate; though, at the same time, he hadn’t really thought that puppies would continue to be conceived and born now that his had been ripped out of the world.

<style type="text/css">
.skelevcat b {font-weight:bold; color:#626c41; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skelevcat w {font-weight:bold; color:#9aa98c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.skelevcat p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.skelevcat {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#08080a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K2a3p.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 360px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:13px; color:#4a5248; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread