[m] [p] so you say, "we will see"
[html]

-- /drags ass all over 'souls

Machidael is by me!

Machidael did not like the glance Verenna threw toward the newcomer. While his smile had been one of respectful adoration and appreciation for the prize Machidael owned -- namely, Verenna -- her returning look had just the right amount of almost puppyish longing. He had seen that look on her enough times to recognize it and its underlying meaning, and had not thought to see such a gaze directed on another man -- least of all with Machidael's own presence. He was able to dismiss it for the moment, however, for the man seemed disinterested in her aside from his initial smile.

Machidael did not continue paying enough attention to the earthen-hued woman to determine her next look, and instead almost made to brush her aside. No, Machi agreed. Only me, he said, though that was not entirely accurate -- his sister, at least, spoke Arabic, and he knew outside of her and this newcomer, too, there were bound to be at least a few others. I'm not so good in English, he confessed, happy to play the same farce with this stranger he did with Verenna. The change in language, however, was rapid and smooth enough to jar with his statement somewhat. I Machidael, woman mine Verenna.

Verenna had seemed ready to answer and taken aback by Machidael's sudden offering in English, though she was quick to make up for it. We're ever so glad to meet you, she said, grinning and wagging her tail. Machidael was just making me get up and about. He told me it's good for a mother. Well, not in so many words -- that's how he is, and I don't speak... what's it called. Whatever it is. Her smile was vapid, words earnest, and Machidael found himself lowering his head and lifting a hand to his eyes, though he aborted the gesture and instead stuck a hand on his hip, looking at Verenna with expectant, empty curiosity of his own -- as if her fast-paced, rapid clip of speech had surpassed his understanding entirely.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread