[m] [p] so you say, "we will see"
[html]
Buuuh sorry for wait; I haven't liked Levent lately but I'm fixin' it. xD

The reddish jackal stated that he was the only one to speak Arabic, and Levent nodded in vague agreement. He’d heard a few surprising accents and languages in his time here, such as Russian, but he doubted that there were any speakers of Turkish here either. The man with a death-god’s name who was oh so easily offended did not count, and Lev was glad to have mostly forgotten his marred accent.

Switching over to the second language, the thin man introduced himself as Machidael and his woman as Verenna; the latter grinned at him again and prattled away, and Levent quirked another smile at her tummy. “Arabic,” he offered when she lacked the word for her companion’s native tongue. “And yes—it is good.”

His dark ears tilted back slightly, and he almost found himself wondering how active Hotaru had been when swollen with his children, but he pushed the memories aside. They were of the past. The man who’d created life in Cercatori d’Arte had died with them.

“I am Levent,” the Turk added, dipping his head; his name was really all that remained of his pasts.

Lifting his muzzle again, he wondered instead why the two had paired up, not quite believing that they’d be able to find love in each other’s internal qualities without a common tongue to express it, and decided that it wasn’t his business anyway. There were plenty of interesting companions one could have in Europe, at least, and he’d no doubt that all the vices of his old land could surface on this peninsula, too.

Maybe she’d been in heat and he’d knocked her up, and somehow felt obligated (whether through compassion or cruelty) to stick around. Levent didn’t think he could fault the brown coywolf for her choice in partner, though, and a coy flicker of his blue eyes over the other man’s body stated as much.

“You must have come from long away,” Levent remarked, returning to only slightly stunted Arabic. “Why would you come to this land, of all lands?”

<style type="text/css">
.skelevcat b {font-weight:bold; color:#626c41; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skelevcat w {font-weight:bold; color:#9aa98c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.skelevcat p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.skelevcat {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#08080a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K2a3p.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 360px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:13px; color:#4a5248; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread