[m] [p] i know it sounds sordid
[html]

I absolutely love that you used 'Be Prepared' for the title – that's the song that gave birth to Darty XD Also, this is me experimenting with a little bit of insanity on Dart's part as well lol.

He hadn't slept at all that night, not even a minute or two. He had remained by the dusty window of the abandoned warehouse he called home and watched his half-brother Brumaire sleep. With his scabby knees hugged tight to his chest and his ears lying flat against his skull, his thoughts swam around inside him like a nonsensical goldfish. He felt so torrential inside that he'd hardly noticed when Bru awoke and gave his flattened ear a friendly lick before padding downstairs without a word. Smart boy, Dartmouth thought. He knows when to leave me alone.

The sun hung high in the sky now as his firelight eyes turned toward the foggy panes beside him, and he could hear the faint squabbles of dogs outside. There seemed to be a lot of fighting around here, now that he thought about it. Everywhere he went, someone seemed unhappy about something. Dartmouth never understood why some creatures cared so much about what others thought. Eventually they will all die, he mused aloud, and it won't matter what they think anymore.

Finally rising to his feet, Dart dusted off his dark coat with a lazy paw and yawned, allowing himself to tuck away his thoughts for now and just exist. Then, like a gunshot through the darkness his father's voice rung out, calling his name. The fur on the nape of Dart's neck bristled and he flicked his tail irritably, wondering to himself what on earth the old loon wanted now. His eyes fell on the rusted truck below his window, and he snickered as Marcel sprung from it and staggered across the gravel in search for him. I'm up here father, he snarled, his posture remaining cool, above you, just like always. With a concentrated thought, he fell into his four-legged form and slunk outside, eventually creeping up behind Marcel. I am here, he purred, stealing his father's perch on the truck bed. Despite his pompous display, however, he kept his ears flat and eyes low – he may be ornery, but he certainly wasn't stupid.

#00+

<style type="text/css">
.drtmth01 b {color:#dac5c3; letter-spacing:-.5px; text-shadow:#150c0d 1px 1px 2px;}
.drtmth01 b:before {content:open-quote;}
.drtmth01 b:after {content:close-quote;}
.drtmth01 .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.drtmth01 .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #dac5c3; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.drtmth01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.drtmth01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#824b4f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nwcqH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #150c0d; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#150c0d; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread