[m] [p] little bird, don't stifle your song
[html]

Sparrow

I rise to meet you as your trust dissolves to shame
oh, this innocence has turned and lost its way
retrace the footprints off the path from which I came
I'm the beast in you, the beast in me

She felt her chest expanded as a silent huff of relief escaped her as Marcel approved what she wanted. She allowed her coiled body to smooth over, but yet she could not reach a level of comfortableness--she never could when she was in his presence, it seemed. She watched as he settled himself near her, and she began to wonder when he was going to return to the festivities. By the way he was positioning himself, though, it did not seem he was going anywhere anytime soon. No matter, she thought with an edge of desperate hopefulness, maybe he is just tired.

Ears momentarily flicked upwards at the sound of a howl, but as fast as they lifted, they were downcast once more. Just another drone in the awful static that surrounded her. Sparrow watched as her father grimaced, and in that moment she felt her heart flinch, and listened attentively at what he said. She was confused by his words. Love? Was he capable of it? The way he treated her, was that love? Maybe... Maybe he did, and she just could not see it. She did not see a lot of things the way Marcel did, and maybe she was just... stupid? She was not sure. Maybe she was, being born wild; they sometimes say that canines like her, the ones without two legs, they were slower.

She made a soft, whispering noise to show that she indeed wanted to stay, away from the others. Sparrow was glad when a silence enveloped them, but she saw the thoughtful look upon his face. Even distorted with the liquid haze, his mind was no less sharp, but the coywolf had her hope that he was not thinking of anything bad. She blinked as the man spread his legs out luxuriously, and found that she was looking at the ground again when he asked his question.

Lie. "Y-yes... I like little ha-house." She'd rather be in the ground, in a den, but she had to admit the building was better than nothing, even when it creaked when it was windy. "A-and the food... i-it's nice, too. Good." Yes, she did not go without, she softly realized. She didn't have to hunt for her food, it was given to her promptly. Maybe that was what he meant. "Y-yeah... like it h-here." But not better.

bite my nails right down to the skin
where one trust ends another lie begins
patch over holes in my weakened heart
which angels hold & devils pull apart

[/html]

Messages In This Thread