[MaMa] [p] any other name
[html]
[/html] Like most teenage boys, the wolfdog liked to tease the object of his affections—although his adoration for her was plain as day if one glanced over his cocky smile to his soft green eyes. He hoped that she knew how much he cared about her even with his childish antics, and the thought almost brought a worried crease to his brow until the dark she-wolf returned his greeting. Hearing how her accent had improved, Skoll abandoned all pretense of cocky composure and wagged his tail in praise. It had been fun teaching her his mother’s language, though he was sure she’d taught him much more over the months. She was very intelligent and mature, and it was one of the reasons he’d been attracted to her, desiring to be free of his ruined childhood.

He noted her shy glance downward and let his grin transform into something softer but no less warm. “I missed you too,” he murmured, and at last walked past the boundaries of his territory. One hand reached out to touch her shoulder, running smoothly down her arm until his fingers could ink with hers, and he was about to say something cheesy before the girl asked a question. Mirroring her grin, he shrugged then began to talk excitedly, taking her question seriously as he always did.

“I’m doing very well. I’ve learned more fighting tactics—like, if you came at me with a knife,” he growled, and prodded at her stomach playfully with his free hand, “I could disarm you in two seconds flat—or, well, if I don’t screw up. And I think we’ve found a stud for Hwin, which is great; it’s a bit late for her, but I’d love to train one of her foals to be a warhorse, you know?” He grinned the dreamy grin of someone who’d learned, once again, to view life in an optimistic light, and then he planted a sloppy dog kiss on the bridge of her muzzle, squeezing her hand as he retorted: “And how’re you?”
[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread