[MaMa] [p] any other name
[html]
/biggest loser ever

​She should have known that Skoll would have caught on to her change in mood. That was one thing about him, she could barely hide things from him now. When they first met, it was easy to lie to him, since, frankly, she thought of him as no more than a mere outsider. But, only a few untruths remained between them, and she could never attempt to cover up things with false statements, mostly for the sake of preserving whatever likeness he had for her. Thinking of that only buried the thorn deeper into her heart.

​"Everything is fine at home," she reassured distantly. She took a moment's pause, of thought and steeling of nervous. It did not take long for her to reach an decision; if she was to continued her meetings with him, she could no longer come as different people. She spoke again. "I have something to tell you." Fear and uncertainty gripped her, but her weak hand grasped the boy's nearly as tightly, not allowing to be torn away from it. Even if she knew him well, she was not sure what kind of reaction he would have; disgust, hatred, hurt. Nothing positive came to mind when she would think of his face at her news.

​Panic swelled within her, and she blurted out, "I'm not Nayht." She wanted to press closer to Skoll, but her feet were rooted by cold hands. "My... my real name is Harrow." She was prepared for her hand to be shaken off. "B-but.." But what? Could she ask for forgiveness, make an excuse? Would she dare? Crumbling within herself, she did not have the courage to meet his eyes, and looked down at their pale and dark feet.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread