[MaMa] [p] any other name
[html]
I have reason to believe I suck more. and I love this thread and I don't want to leave it unfinished even if mama is over haha. ;________;

The look he gave her did not help her rolling thoughts, pushing them further into the squall that flooded her mind. Ignorance from the truth, and trustful of a lie. Was that not what she was, a deceit? She had kept so little from him, but their weight pressed heavily against her chest, making her breath labored as she tried to get around the sudden emotion that choked her.

Grace forsaken, she had stated the barbed words without any pretense. Skoll didn't seem to realize the importance of it at first, but when the rest of the truth was tacked at the end of her words, he was quick to catch on. Harrow felt small, and she knew in the back of her mind, that if he shoved her away--hardly blamable, in fact expected--she would not be able to face him again. The thudding stone in her bosom fell at the thought of never seeing the boy, their last words being of her revealing her ultimate lie. Surely, she would not be able to move on from that day if it was ever to dawn.

Soft words greeted her flattened ears, and while she wanted badly to look up at his bright face, she did not have the courage. She was scared of what she would find there. Not even the soft press of his hand reassured her; she was buried too deep in her hole she had dug herself in. "I am not a loner," she continued with a breathy whisper, the words hard to form. Why was it easier to lie than to be honest? "I come from Salsola. I mask my scent every time I come down here... so that you wouldn't be able to tell." She knew Salsola had a bad reputation, and for all the right reasons, she supposed. A knightly place like the court would surely find folly within her thistle and thorn kingdom.

Lies were commonplace for her. Salsola was a mountain built upon them. But what they had was not a commonplace, and yet she raised their relationship as Nahyt the wanderer. Would Harrow the Salsolian burn down what they had? Air was suspended within her as she waited for what he had to say.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread