[MaMa] [p] any other name
[html]

Night and day. They were two separate worlds apart, and yet they had somehow found a way to cross between. Harrow, she had built a bridge of lies between their realms in order to traverse. If she had not hid her true name, would two such polar opposites ever have came close to what they were now? The midnight woman feared that they would, indeed, would not be.

And she was confused. Despite the words tumbling from her mouth, she did not feel his hand tense, did not hear the spitting words come from his dark lips. Ideally, he would at least be registering some form to show how displease he was with her disloyalty. The impassiveness almost felt worse than the idea of him displaying vivid emotions. At least, she would know what he was thinking, but without words or even the littlest of signs, she was left to tortuously wonder what he was feeling. Imagination was sometimes worse than reality.

The breath she was holding released itself without warning as Skoll spoke, running into the air to escape from what he had to say. Quiet and—playful? The pull on her arm coaxed her to turn her head upwards, and her heart twisted inside of her at the faintest of ghosts of a smile on his face. Hope swooped in and clasped her into a death grip, and would not release her. Abashed, she spoke much more loudly than she would have otherwise preferred, her desperation speaking for itself.

"I am not a spy, Skoll. I swear—I'll swear by anything." She shot a glance at the ground for a moment, to come up with more words, and looked back up at the boy, her gaze becoming ever more insistent, as if she had not been ready to sink beneath the earth to avoid his stare only moments ago. "I swear as Nayht that I am not here to spy on you or the court, Skoll."

She couldn't swear by that—Nayht was a lie. "I-I swear by—" She couldn't swear by Salsola, either. Not finding anything suitable to show the certainty that she had came to Skoll as a lover and not as something malicious, she keeping murmuring, choking up often, "I swear..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread