I can't help myself, can you?
[html]
Word Count :: 705 So sorry for the wait!

The red male straightened on his lap, fixing his piercing orange eyes on the abominable snow-wolf and spitting something Italian. The words sounded scathing and potentially insulting, yet again he didn't understand the foreign words, and decided not to question them. Baird wasn't sure if the white wolf understood him either but he seemed to gather the meaning of the words, departing with a snarl that bared his long pointed fangs. Baird hoped that little show of aggression didn't mean trouble for him or the foxy male later on in the night. He was more than happy to dismiss all thought of the scorned male in favour of the warm presence on his lap.

He fell back onto the dingoes legs and snuggled into his chest, brushing his handpaw against the white fur there again, scattering the last drops of alcohol that had been spilled. Baird nodded as the other man questioned the word 'bloke' and gave the best description he could, "Aye, it's an Aussie way of saying man or men." He shot a charming grin at the Italian, shrugging his shoulder slightly, I'm not fluent in Italian, so I don't expect you to be fluent in Aussie." He laughed, knowing that his slang and colloquialisms were confusing enough to English speakers, so to someone whose first language was something different entirely it would be even more confusing. He felt that as he was speaking the man was having much too much fun wiping his chest, the clawed handpaw lingering on his somewhat defined pectorals. Baird spared a thought for his lucky rabbits foot, those long claws of his new friends brushing against the cord a couple of times.

He forgot all about the rabbit foot as the Italian man adorably mistook his name and handed him a ridiculously large tankard of mead. He happily accepted the alcohol, taking a swig before answering the others question with a shrug, "Ah, it's close enough." He could deal with being called Bird, it was only one letter away from his true name and it sounded similar. Baird felt a pout pulling at his lips as his nameless friend left his lap, proclaiming beds as much more comfortable than chairs. For a moment he thought that the petite Italian was off to find a bed rather than stick around, but he was relieved to see that he was simply finding a chair. He honestly had no idea what a bed felt like, having only ever slept on the floor or in a hammock, and he could say that he definitely did not like hammocks. The swaying sensation that boats caused was only exacerbated in a hammock, churning the stomach dramatically. "I'll take your word for it mate, I've never slept in a bed. The floor's always been good enough for me." He said innocently, aware that he was really showing his Outback bushman roots here.

He smiled slightly drunkenly as the other male pulled his newfound chair closer, resting his red and white furred face against Bairds shoulder. He threw his arm over the back of the chair, his finger tips and claws resting easily on Sebastian's shoulder. "Well G'day Sebastian Auditorre." He slurred, the name coming out more 'Ow-dee-torry. He was embarrassed by his pronunciation of names, having already murdered Saqui Utina's name in his meeting with her. He was sure the name massacre wouldn't stop with Sebastian. He cheered up though when Sebastian called him Sandy bird, with all of those seductive throaty 'R's. He took another swig of his mead and realised that his new friend was looking at the silver furred wolves that he had been joking with before they had been interrupted. He had completely forgotten about the others, who he suspected were brothers, and they were watching his interaction with Sebastian with raised eyebrows and knowing smiles. Baird lowered his tankard slowly and grinned at the silver brothers, "Ah! Bruno, Rex, this is Sebastian." He announced happily, tightening the arm around Seb's shoulders. The other two nodded and smiled, leaning out of their seats to offer their handpaws to the Italian for him to shake in greeting. It seemed that they were regulars at this establishment and were used to all sorts of behaviour.

Photo courtesy of pierre pouliquin

<style>
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#f7f4a2; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 {background-color:#7e3826; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3848/bairdbyrne2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:358px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread