The woes of a first timer
[html]

Word count: 423 // Sorry for the wait! ><

Jimson's hand tightened briefly on his staff as the other male bristled momentarily, and relaxed as soon as the other did. The big dog could not blame the stranger for the initial reaction -- Jimson was unknown to him, and he had pups to protect, after all. And he had probably startled him, too, coming up from out of nowhere like that. At least it was only a moment of wariness, though. It would be a less than auspicious start to his residency in Cour des Miracles to get into a fight with one of the members of the pack. Any doubt as to the other male's acceptance that the giant dog was not a threat was erased as he smiled warmly and invited Jimson to sit. "Thanks," the Pyrenees said as he lay down his staff and accepted the offer, seating himself, arms on his knees, so that the wolf was between himself and the pups. Jimson knew how protective parents could be, especially new parents, and did not want to come off as threatening in any way.

Jimson chuckled at the intent stare of leaner pup as the father introduced himself and the young ones. "Hey, there, young'n," he said with a big, genuine smile. He returned his attention to Silvano. "They're han'some boys, sir." He nodded at Silvano's last question. "Yeah, almos' three weeks ago," he replied. "Met young Mister Haskel, too." Jimson picked at the grass between his feet, pulling a few strands and twining them together as his brow furrowed. He had avoided addressing sensitive subjects with the pack members he had so far met, figuring that a good deal of current events were not quite his business yet -- not to mention that he had only recently really decided to stay. But he was a member of the pack, now, not a temporary guest, and felt that the matters concerned him. Besides, how could he help if he was not aware of what was going on? "Young Mister Haskel mighta implied that there'd been some... problems, here recently. Attacks? If y'dun think I'm bein' too for'ard, sir, by askin'. I been makin' rounds about th' borders, a li'l bit every day, at least, an' I ain't come up on nothin'... I jus' feel like I need t'be fully informed t'help as much as I can. An' I unnerstan' if it ain't my business, neither, but the ones who're attacked... are they okay? I mean, anythin' I can do t'help on that front, too, I'd be more'n willin'."

Table credit Raze.
<style type="text/css">
.jimmor-ooc {width:490px; padding: 3px 0px 3px 0px; font-size:11px; font-family: Georgia,serif; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:9px; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.jimmor b {color:#ab9f43;}
.jimmor p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jimmor .space {float:left; width:90px; height:40px;}
.jimmor {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6d0a2; background-image:url(http://hensleyitis.files.wordpress.com/ ... nsheep.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #706d55; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#706d55; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread